Super Contributor

Obagi, Skinceuticals, or something else?

Hello Beauties!

I have aging, acne prone skin and am looking for a new skincare line that is going to make a noticeable difference! I am looking at Obagi and Skinceuticals but am unsure of which is more effective. If any of you have any experience I would love your opinions because both lines are pretty expensive! I'd love to see an improvement in: fine lines, age/sun spots, clarity, & overall glow/appearance. Thanks!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Obagi, Skinceuticals, or something else?

I kind of feel like I might be beating a dead horse around here, it Paula's Choice makes really great stuff, and it is much less than Obagi & Skinceuticals. They have several lines, fab CS, and you can call or chat with them for recs. I have acne prone skin, too, that's dry-normal, and I'm very big into preventative skincare (in my early 30s), and I'm not kidding when I tell you my skin looks better now than it has in years. I don't ONLY use PC, but I do use several of her products and many are Holy Grail status for me. I hope that helps, and that you find something you love and works well for you!

Super Contributor

Thank you for your reply! I'm glad you have had success with Paula's Choice. I have tried some of her products in the past. I ordered the Skin Balancing kit a few years ago when my skin was having issues with both dryness & oiliness. It worked well but wasn't anti-aging. Then I tried the Resist line for wrinkles & breakouts and it made me breakout! So, then I went to the Clear Acne kit to clear my skin up..but it's not anti-aging. So, for whatever reason, Paul's Choice products haven't been able to give anti-aging benefits without breaking me out! Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

I can't speak of either of those two lines but I wanted to offer another suggestion - Make Up Artists Choice (just google for their website). They carry many peels that will address the issues you speak of. I've used the lactic acid peel and currently am using the mandelic acid peel. I do not use the TCA peels (too harsh with too much peeling and down time). You can buy samples for a very reasonable price which will last 4-5 peels. You can call and they are happy to help you. 

Super Contributor

Thanks itsmagic! Which peel do you like best? I actually have a TCA peel from then but I'm too scared to use it! Haha!!
Super Contributor

* The TCA peel I have is from MUAC Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

@bunnypink wrote:
Thanks itsmagic! Which peel do you like best? I actually have a TCA peel from then but I'm too scared to use it! Haha!!

I really liked the lactic acid peel but wanted to try something different so tried the mandelic acid and like that too!  I know what you mean about the TCA - I am afraid to ever try that peel!  

Respected Contributor

@bunnypink wrote:
Thank you for your reply! I'm glad you have had success with Paula's Choice. I have tried some of her products in the past. I ordered the Skin Balancing kit a few years ago when my skin was having issues with both dryness & oiliness. It worked well but wasn't anti-aging. Then I tried the Resist line for wrinkles & breakouts and it made me breakout! So, then I went to the Clear Acne kit to clear my skin up..but it's not anti-aging. So, for whatever reason, Paul's Choice products haven't been able to give anti-aging benefits without breaking me out! Smiley Sad

I'm sorry to hear that!! Good luck on your quest! I know others will have great input!

Super Contributor

Thank you, itsmagic! I'll definitely check them out.
Respected Contributor

Retin-A, Retin-A, did I say Retin-A.

Retin-A!

Hyacinth    Cat Happy