Super Contributor

Re: Went To Ulta Today And Tried IT Bye Bye Concealer

On 3/22/2014 vlj7273 said: MarenSeattle, it was the one in the tube. Also like Bikkie said above it really brightened also.

Thanks!!

Super Contributor

The one I tried was in a tube. I didn't see one in a jar. Now I'm watching the Bare Minerals show and I'm thinking about trying the bisque as a concealer. I just wish I could find something that would help. People are always asking me if I'm tired or sick because of my under eye darkness. Or people will tell me I look like I'm in a bad mood. And that is so not true! I'm always a happy, upbeat person. Thanks to everyone that responded.
Super Contributor

On 3/22/2014 KateChopin said:

Because it is so thick, it can really cover. But you may need a CORRECTER instead or in addition to a concealer.

I would assume you mean like a green or blue (or peach, or...) product? But the It BBU in the jar is called "corrector" but it's just regular concealer shades. So, are you saying the BBU corrector then the BBU tube, or green/blue, etc, then the tube?

Am I making this too complicated? :-0

Respected Contributor

I went to an Ulta on Thursday, hoping to try the CC cream, but they didn't have it at that location. I did buy one tube of Bye Bye Undereye (from the Q) several years ago. It was okay, for a while, and then separated in the tube. I was really put off by the separation, and never repurchased.

Super Contributor

On 3/22/2014 itsMe said:

I went to an Ulta on Thursday, hoping to try the CC cream, but they didn't have it at that location. I did buy one tube of Bye Bye Undereye (from the Q) several years ago. It was okay, for a while, and then separated in the tube. I was really put off by the separation, and never repurchased.

That reminds me that I've seen a couple of posts that it was difficult to get out of the tube -- like cement. I'm leaning more toward the jar, I think, even though I like the look of the brushes with the tube better. I just have to try everything until I find something that really works for me. One product at a time. Sigh. :-)

Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 3/22/2014 itsMe said:

That reminds me that I've seen a couple of posts that it was difficult to get out of the tube -- like cement. I'm leaning more toward the jar, I think, even though I like the look of the brushes with the tube better. I just have to try everything until I find something that really works for me. One product at a time. Sigh. :-)

Yes. All the opinions and other people's experiences are nice to know, but what works for one may not work for the next one. The only way to know is to try it for yourself. Mine wasn't like cement... rather, I had oil squirting out. I tried remixing it by squishing the tube. It did help, but I ended up tossing it.

Frequent Contributor

Thank goodness for Ulta. I, too, recently visited Ulta to sample the IT goodies. I tried the BBU and the CC cream. The concealer was a disappointment and didn't cover my dark circles either. The CC cream didn't work either as I couldn't find a match for my skin tone. I did purchase the vitality stick which I like.
Esteemed Contributor

I love Bye Bye Undereye in the tube. It is my favorite concealer.

OP, how did you apply it? I just wondered. I think if you lightly pat it on thinly, let it set, and then pat on a little more if you need it, that works better than trying to spread or rub on a thicker layer.

Patting is very important IMO. No rubbing or spreading. Putting it on with a brush is nice too but go thinly then add if you need to.

Also, have you tried Mally's 2 piece cancellation concealer? I was using it before I got the It concealer and I used it to cover up an actual bruise under my eye and it did really well. With the setting powder it stayed all day (unless I forgot and touched or rubbed it).

Super Contributor

On 3/22/2014 BeckiWV said:

OP, how did you apply it? I just wondered. I think if you lightly pat it on thinly, let it set, and then pat on a little more if you need it, that works better than trying to spread or rub on a thicker layer.

Patting is very important IMO. No rubbing or spreading. Putting it on with a brush is nice too but go thinly then add if you need to.

Also, have you tried Mally's 2 piece cancellation concealer? I was using it before I got the It concealer and I used it to cover up an actual bruise under my eye and it did really well. With the setting powder it stayed all day (unless I forgot and touched or rubbed it).

ITA. I have very bad dark circles and the Bye Bye Undereye is the only thing I have found after years of searching that really covers and brightens. But the key is to use a very small amount (just a tiny dot) and pat it in…then add a teeny amount to any darker areas. For some reason with this product less is definitely more…at first I tried using a big dot like I used to with other concealers and it looked terrible.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/23/2014 peace6576 said:
On 3/22/2014 BeckiWV said:

ITA. I have very bad dark circles and the Bye Bye Undereye is the only thing I have found after years of searching that really covers and brightens. But the key is to use a very small amount (just a tiny dot) and pat it in…then add a teeny amount to any darker areas. For some reason with this product less is definitely more…at first I tried using a big dot like I used to with other concealers and it looked terrible.

I have found that less is definitely more. When I put on too much, it just looks terrible. A tiny bit is all I need.