Super Contributor

It's still WEN, regardless of where you purchase it. The main issue people have with GR is their selling tactics. Those that have had no problems with them that's great. I think we should live and let live - buy where ever you feel you get the best deal/service. It's a personal choice, no different than choosing to use WEN or shampoo.

I don't think I've seen so much discord within the WEN forum. Let's not beat each other up for something as insignificant as this. Why fight for our right to use and discuss WEN then argue over where we buy it?

Esteemed Contributor
On 6/26/2014 WenGirl42 said:

Well, I do think the 32oz BGT is going to have its price increased too. And the gallon.

I don't doubt that BGT, 613 and the seasonals cost more to produce. But as you say, if expensive ingredients were the (only) reason, Q would be charging more for the seasonals too. Just like they do for the 613.

Remember, GR sells seasonals. QVC prices have to be competitive, especially since GR doesn't charge shipping.

QVC can charge whatever they want for BGT.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor
Honny I had a few questions about GR you may be able to help me with... 1. Is there a fig and TT option after that first initial order? 2. You mentioned free shipping....do you have to be on the a/d for a certain period before that kicks in? 3. Can the styling products come in a formula other than SAM? Thanks for any help you can give Smiley Wink
Esteemed Contributor
On 6/26/2014 okiebug said:

It's still WEN, regardless of where you purchase it. The main issue people have with GR is their selling tactics. Those that have had no problems with them that's great. I think we should live and let live - buy where ever you feel you get the best deal/service. It's a personal choice, no different than choosing to use WEN or shampoo.

I don't think I've seen so much discord within the WEN forum. Let's not beat each other up for something as insignificant as this. Why fight for our right to use and discuss WEN then argue over where we buy it?

Okie, have you seen some of the other threads this month? This one has a respectful exchange of thoughts and ideas. There has been no name calling, bashing, or rudeness. I don't see any fighting or discord.

Also, the only person here who has the biggest problem with GR doesn't use them.

Respected Contributor
On 6/26/2014 HonnyBrown said:

<br /> Well, I do think the 32oz BGT is going to have its price increased too. And the gallon.

I don't doubt that BGT, 613 and the seasonals cost more to produce. But as you say, if expensive ingredients were the (only) reason, Q would be charging more for the seasonals too. Just like they do for the 613.

Remember, GR sells seasonals. QVC prices have to be competitive, especially since GR doesn't charge shipping.

QVC can charge whatever they want for BGT.

You were dismissing expensive ingredients, whereas I was pointing out that is part of the explanation. My whole second paragraph was agreeing with your supposition that competition/supply & demand is also in play here...

Super Contributor
On 6/26/2014 okiebug said:

Okie, have you seen some of the other threads this month? This one has a respectful exchange of thoughts and ideas. There has been no name calling, bashing, or rudeness. I don't see any fighting or discord.

Also, the only person here who has the biggest problem with GR doesn't use them.

I wasn't talking about just this thread.

Esteemed Contributor
On 6/26/2014 Vivian Ward said: Honny I had a few questions about GR you may be able to help me with... 1. Is there a fig and TT option after that first initial order? 2. You mentioned free shipping....do you have to be on the a/d for a certain period before that kicks in? 3. Can the styling products come in a formula other than SAM? Thanks for any help you can give Smiley Wink

Hi Vivian,

With GR, you are on A/D. There is no way out of that. You can set it up for once every 4 weeks to once every 20 weeks.

To members, they offer 613, TT, Fig, SAM, CA LAV, POM and the seasonal CCs.

The "Free Shipping for Life" comes in an email after your intro kit arrives. They also have 20% off coupons that come by mail and email.

They offer the following stylers: Anti-Frizz Styling Creme, Defining Paste, Texture Balm, Volumizing Root Lift, Straightening Smoothing Gloss, and Replenishing Treatment Mist in various formulas. These are on the member site.

Esteemed Contributor

You were dismissing expensive ingredients, whereas I was pointing out that is part of the explanation. My whole second paragraph was agreeing with your supposition that competition/supply & demand is also in play here...

You're absolutely right: six of one, half a dozen of another!

Super Contributor
On 6/26/2014 Vivian Ward said: Honny I had a few questions about GR you may be able to help me with... 1. Is there a fig and TT option after that first initial order? 2. You mentioned free shipping....do you have to be on the a/d for a certain period before that kicks in? 3. Can the styling products come in a formula other than SAM? Thanks for any help you can give Smiley Wink

Hi Vivian,

With GR, you are on A/D. There is no way out of that. You can set it up for once every 4 weeks to once every 20 weeks.

To members, they offer 613, TT, Fig, SAM, CA LAV, POM and the seasonal CCs.

The "Free Shipping for Life" comes in an email after your intro kit arrives. They also have 20% off coupons that come by mail and email.

They offer the following stylers: Anti-Frizz Styling Creme, Defining Paste, Texture Balm, Volumizing Root Lift, Straightening Smoothing Gloss, and Replenishing Treatment Mist in various formulas. These are on the member site.

Thanks Honny!
Esteemed Contributor

Vivian, which styling products? They come in various formulas in addition to SAM.