Respected Contributor
On 6/26/2014 lilmoomoo said:

HonnyBrown, thank you for your input and opinion on Guthry Renker. You know what you're talking about since you actually order from them.

I apologize if saying how bad Guthry-Renker was rustled some jimmies. I had a negative experience with them when I ordered Proactiv; although I do have to say that the product itself was fine. Of course, that doesn't mean if I did order through them that I would have a bad time again...I guess I shouldn't assume. I will stick to QVC though just because I'm very wishy-washy on how often I empty a bottle of CC.

Thank you for letting me know that the bottles are still plastic. Glass would be more aesthetically pleasing when it comes to the oil, serum, etc. but I also realize dropping these on the ground will have worse consequences! Smiley Frustrated

Hey lilmoomoo...just FYI, if you ever order a 4oz oil bottle, those are glass. But the 2oz and 1oz bottles are plastic.

Super Contributor

lilmoomoo, the 4 oz oils on QVC are in glass bottles - it preserves the integrity of the oils. The 1 oz oils are dark plastic, but you use them up faster. I've never bought the serum, so I can't speak to it.

Esteemed Contributor

HonnyBrown, thank you for your input and opinion on Guthry Renker. You know what you're talking about since you actually order from them.

I apologize if saying how bad Guthry-Renker was rustled some jimmies. I had a negative experience with them when I ordered Proactiv; although I do have to say that the product itself was fine. Of course, that doesn't mean if I did order through them that I would have a bad time again...I guess I shouldn't assume. I will stick to QVC though just because I'm very wishy-washy on how often I empty a bottle of CC.

Thank you for letting me know that the bottles are still plastic. Glass would be more aesthetically pleasing when it comes to the oil, serum, etc. but I also realize dropping these on the ground will have worse consequences! Smiley Frustrated

I dropped a glass bottle (homemade shower gel gift) in the shower. That was not pleasant!

If you do order from GR, set your auto-delivery for 5 months right away. This will give you time to figure out how frequently you use your CCs.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Frequent Contributor
On 6/26/2014 WenGirl42 said:

Hey lilmoomoo...just FYI, if you ever order a 4oz oil bottle, those are glass. But the 2oz and 1oz bottles are plastic.

Yeah, I have the 1 oz SHP and 2 oz POM oil; that's probably why I didn't know until now.

Respected Contributor

They don't come in glass and they are completely wrapped in plastic. Actually I used to have an account with them but all of a sudden they started telling me I could not make up my own kits and only what they said I could get in a shipment so I "gave 'em da gate." I think he needs to have the contract with them because this is how it's shipped globally. They cannot ship the version we get abroad, I've been told. I'll say this, you don't have to worry about fakes with them. I've gotten fakes from various sites and now only get from the Q or Chaz's own site. They used to have the seasonals too when the old ones were on but that stopped and I could only have Sweet Almond Mint or Cucumber. The Wen from Guthy-Renker is a bit different but not a fake. Their customer service needs much to be desired, it's true.

Esteemed Contributor

sjk, how long ago was this?

How can you not "make your own kit?" Why would they tell you that? That's crazy.

They have seasonals. I got my SOB from them last month in a kit that I made.

Super Contributor
I looked at the GR site and it looks like all the styling products that come with the initial kit are SAM no matter what CC selected and the bonus gifts too. I doesn't look like they can be changed which is a bummer
Esteemed Contributor

Emma, yes, the intro offer is very limited. No matter which CC is ordered, the SAM stylers are included.

The Wen catalog with all the products is sent with the intro kit (and every shipment after). Members also have access to the online catalog.

Respected Contributor

I have never bought from Wen and will just stick with QVC. I like the variety and prefer to buy whenever I need more product and I am not sure that I would like the Wen auto delivery program. Although, I may sign up for the QVC seasonal auto delivery program this year.

Esteemed Contributor

Another GR benefit: if the CC that they send you doesn't work for your hair, they will send you a replacement in another formula at no cost. The samples are 12 ounce bottles, so there is enough to play around with.

That's how I discovered Tea Tree. It's now in my auto-delivery.