Respected Contributor
On 6/26/2014 WenGirl42 said:
On 6/26/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Wen.com has all the seasonals and core formulas except for BGT (which is why QVC increased the price). I wish they carried the oils. I make that request frequently.

Bold claim Wink

I absolutely disagree that this is the reason for price increase. The evidence for this statement isn't there. You can get an idea of the true price structure by looking at Chaz's site. BGT costs more bc it costs more to produce. The Q has more volume than Chaz and has chosen up to now to absorb the slight (for them) difference in profit margin. It is a good move. They'll make it up in the end, bc now everyone has tried it and will pay more for it who likes it.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor
BTW, it is easy to compare ingredients, you can look at a bottle of GR In your home or on Amazon, and compare it to the ingredient deck listed on Chaz website or the Q.
Respected Contributor
On 6/26/2014 Kjelle said:

Wen.com has all the seasonals and core formulas except for BGT (which is why QVC increased the price). I wish they carried the oils. I make that request frequently.

Bold claim Wink

I absolutely disagree that this is the reason for price increase. The evidence for this statement isn't there. You can get an idea of the true price structure by looking at Chaz's site. BGT costs more bc it costs more to produce. The Q has more volume than Chaz and has chosen up to now to absorb the slight (for them) difference in profit margin. It is a good move. They'll make it up in the end, bc now everyone has tried it and will pay more for it who likes it.

I think HB raises an interesting point though, since everything you just said could also be said about the seasonals. Which GR sells in exactly the same formula as QVC...

Respected Contributor

If there are different ingredients for GR vs. QVC, then GR must have inferior ingredients? Why on earth would they make two products with different ingredients?

Respected Contributor
On 6/26/2014 Sunshine Kate said:

If there are different ingredients for GR vs. QVC, then GR must have inferior ingredients? Why on earth would they make two products with different ingredients?

As I explained, Chaz had to re formulate it to meet international customs requirements. He would have also had to hit a price point for production for Guthy Renker, so they could produce and distribute it. It is a different formula. I have used it and it works so I don't call it inferior. I think it insults Chaz (I don't mean that as a dig, it's just how I think about it.)
Respected Contributor

Bold claim Wink

I think HB raises an interesting point though, since everything you just said could also be said about the seasonals. Which GR sells in exactly the same formula as QVC...

True, but I think it is another example of a company making a smart move to make more money by taking a smaller profit margin on a product. Think how many people would simply give their money to the Q to get that seasonal. Now they can give it to GR. It's simply smart strategic business. Got go to work. See y'all later!
Esteemed Contributor

Bold claim Wink

Yes, that's just my assumption. GR doesn't sell BGT. QVC and Chaz Dean do. With Chaz Dean not being a factor, QVC can (and has) increased the price on the 16 ounce BGT, but not the 32 ounce. It's a matter of supply and demand. If expensive ingredients were teh case, the 32 ounce BGT would be double the price.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor
On 6/26/2014 Sunshine Kate said:

The chemistry is different (ingredients), not the quality.

Remember, these are all Wen products, regardless of who manufactures or distributes them. They all have to have Chaz's Seal of Approval.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Bold claim Wink

True, but I think it is another example of a company making a smart move to make more money by taking a smaller profit margin on a product. Think how many people would simply give their money to the Q to get that seasonal. Now they can give it to GR. It's simply smart strategic business. Got go to work. See y'all later!

I don't disagree with you. But how is what you're saying different from what HB said (that Q raised the price of the BGT because GR doesn't sell it)? Wink

Respected Contributor

Bold claim Wink

Yes, that's just my assumption. GR doesn't sell BGT. QVC and Chaz Dean do. With Chaz Dean not being a factor, QVC can (and has) increased the price on the 16 ounce BGT, but not the 32 ounce. It's a matter of supply and demand. If expensive ingredients were teh case, the 32 ounce BGT would be double the price.

Well, I do think the 32oz BGT is going to have its price increased too. And the gallon.

I don't doubt that BGT, 613 and the seasonals cost more to produce. But as you say, if expensive ingredients were the (only) reason, Q would be charging more for the seasonals too. Just like they do for the 613.