Honored Contributor

Re: We need some Pink Undertone Foundations

@depglass,  When I was in ULTA a couple of years ago, they were trying different foundations on my face.  IT Cosmetics shades start off too dark and so do Smashbox.  Most cosmetic companies, includinig Bobbi Brown swear by the yellow undertones but they really do not look that good on my skin.  Clarins was the first foundation I wore and was decent but not perfect.  I use Laura Mercier because she does offer pink undertones and neutrals.  I would like to see QVC offer the same so fair/light skin women can enjoy the special values like everyone else when it comes to TSV and other specials.

kindness is strength
Contributor

Thank you so much for bringing this up!!!   I thought it was just me.  I'm in the exact same situation.  I really liked IT Cosmetics foundation formulas and they felt good on my skin, but the color was awful.  

I see the number of responses to this and I hope something is done to bring more pink undertone foundations.

Respected Contributor

Once a makeup artist explained to me that everyone needs a yellow tone foundation to give them color. I totally disagree. I prefer a neutral tone foundation. Therefore, I rarely buy my foundations from QVC. There is too much yellow in their foundations. One size doesn't fit all as the saying goes.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  I also like Laura Mercier's Photo Silk Creme foundation.

The Tinted Moisturizer caused a case of hives-awful. Go figure.

Contributor

Agree completely, I keep hoping, but, things wind up being returned,

Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

You may like Chanel's foundation in Beige Rose.  I used to wear shade number 12 wich is a fair pink tone.  As I've gotten older a prefer a neutral shade so I haven't used this in a number of years.  It was a nice foundation.

I totally agree!!! I have pink undertones and always suffer to find the right tone.

I use Chanel Beige Rose 12. Excellent light weight foundation.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

for fair and light skin Caucasian women.  All the undertones are yellow and we are not yellow.  Pink undertone and also neutral would be a welcome change and it would be nice that when you select a shade online you are given a description of its undertones.  There is not one cosmetic co. on QVC that offers pink undertones for fair/light or light skin women.  I would like to purchase my foundation from QVC but with no descriptions of the undertones and lack of pink undertones and neutrals, it is impossible.  Help!!!!   HeartCat Wink

@Katcat1  I have the same skin coloring. Bare Minerals (all formulas) have foundations in Fair cool, fair neutral and fair warmer. BTW, even w/ my pink undertones, I've worn BB Stick foundation or her other formulas which are all slightly yellow based. I find it cancels out any red in my skin and inables me to begin my makeup w/ a neutral base. Blush and bronzer add back the pink tones and would rather not have pink tones in foundation as well. You can try BB Porcelain foundation stick (lightweight & natural looking w/ buildable coverage)...my shade. Have worn it for 20 yrs. w/ no issues.

@Shanus

I am interested in your makeup concept.  It sounds like something which would help me!  I have redness to my skin due to rosacea and broken caps, but my skin overall is fair and I have the pink undertone.  So, perhaps, a makeup that has a pink undertone is really not what I need after all!  Maybe what I need is to have a very neutral foundation as you have stated you use, and then add color back in with blush or whatever.  You mentioned BB --- what does this stand for?  Thank you for your information!!!  

@AngelPuppy1  Sorry. Many abbreviations used that I don't know either....BB is Bobbi Brown. There are stick foundations, Tinted moisturizers (both are what I use), several liquid foundations depending on type of skin, cream to powder, etc. All have ridiculously huge range of shades and concealers and correctors (peach hued cream used under concealer to cancel out darker or blue circles under eyes). Yes, I use these too. Go to counter for perfect match. Always suggest this line for fair skin.

@Shanus

I can't remember if I responded or not.  I wanted to thank you for your reply.  I will have to check BB out!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amen!!! So sick of yellow toned foundations and powders, I look jaundice....I had on yesterday my Mac studio fix I think it's nw 30, love it because it has some pink to it..then I put my nyx bronzer over it..I think the shade it lite clair...omg...so much better, brightened my whole face up, and made my eyes pop...i normally can't wear bronzer as their too tawny in me.  Of course this is only for summer when I have a tan, not sure what I'm going to do in fall/winter Smiley Tongue

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Super Contributor

Does Laura Gellar's balance and brighten in light have  a pink undertone?  I am in your boat and all QVC carries is yellow or orange undertones.  

Honored Contributor

@Nadine O,   One of the other problems is when you click on the shade you do not receive a description so how do you know if it's neutral or yellow.  I am not aware of any pink undertones.  There may be a few pink undertones in the fair shades offered by certain cosmetci cos. but not many.  Bare Minerals I believe offers many shades.  Everyone else expects you to make do with the shades they offer.  When I am spending my money I want what is needed for my skin tone or close to it.    I don't know how someone sells foundations and does not give a description for each shade.  

kindness is strength