Honored Contributor

Re: We need some Pink Undertone Foundations

@Katcat1@brandiwine@Perkup

Loved Lancôme foundations and powders for color, but it broke me out.

Every derm time.

I wear faerieorganic and the color is perfect. But it is mineral and messy.

Someone (an owner) told me that if my coloring is alabaster (it is) this is Eastern European and US coloring is mostly based on the California Girl "tan".

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@@AspenGrove,  I am not aware that QVC sells Lancome but I have not searched it.  HSN sells Lancome.  I want the Q to make some changes.

Hi @Katcat1 - I wasn't suggesting that QVC sells Lancome. I purchase Lancome foundation at my local Sephora store, not anywhere online. I haven't purchased anything on Q for years and years, but if they don't offer foundations for pink undertones, then I totally agree with you that they should!

Honored Contributor

For the life of me I don't understand why a company like It Cosmetics, which. is QVC's current darling, is not offering a more complete range of shades.  I've tried twice over the years and have just given up.  Yellow doesn't work, it doesn't cancel the red in my skin, it just makes it yellow.  Thank goodness for Bare Minerals. 

Honored Contributor

I have trouble finding makeup like this --- any where!  All the shades -- even the lightest -- it seems --- has yellow to it!  I can find no decent fit to my skin.  

I agree totally.  I don't understand why we are overlooked!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@MemsGMa wrote:

I dont even find toommany out in retail. Even when they say they are cool- thay are usually gray. If someone can recommend a pink one I would love to know. 

@MemsGMa

Me, too!  I have the worst time trying to match!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

for fair and light skin Caucasian women.  All the undertones are yellow and we are not yellow.  Pink undertone and also neutral would be a welcome change and it would be nice that when you select a shade online you are given a description of its undertones.  There is not one cosmetic co. on QVC that offers pink undertones for fair/light or light skin women.  I would like to purchase my foundation from QVC but with no descriptions of the undertones and lack of pink undertones and neutrals, it is impossible.  Help!!!!   HeartCat Wink

@Katcat1  I have the same skin coloring. Bare Minerals (all formulas) have foundations in Fair cool, fair neutral and fair warmer. BTW, even w/ my pink undertones, I've worn BB Stick foundation or her other formulas which are all slightly yellow based. I find it cancels out any red in my skin and inables me to begin my makeup w/ a neutral base. Blush and bronzer add back the pink tones and would rather not have pink tones in foundation as well. You can try BB Porcelain foundation stick (lightweight & natural looking w/ buildable coverage)...my shade. Have worn it for 20 yrs. w/ no issues.

@Shanus

I am interested in your makeup concept.  It sounds like something which would help me!  I have redness to my skin due to rosacea and broken caps, but my skin overall is fair and I have the pink undertone.  So, perhaps, a makeup that has a pink undertone is really not what I need after all!  Maybe what I need is to have a very neutral foundation as you have stated you use, and then add color back in with blush or whatever.  You mentioned BB --- what does this stand for?  Thank you for your information!!!  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

for fair and light skin Caucasian women.  All the undertones are yellow and we are not yellow.  Pink undertone and also neutral would be a welcome change and it would be nice that when you select a shade online you are given a description of its undertones.  There is not one cosmetic co. on QVC that offers pink undertones for fair/light or light skin women.  I would like to purchase my foundation from QVC but with no descriptions of the undertones and lack of pink undertones and neutrals, it is impossible.  Help!!!!   HeartCat Wink

@Katcat1  I have the same skin coloring. Bare Minerals (all formulas) have foundations in Fair cool, fair neutral and fair warmer. BTW, even w/ my pink undertones, I've worn BB Stick foundation or her other formulas which are all slightly yellow based. I find it cancels out any red in my skin and inables me to begin my makeup w/ a neutral base. Blush and bronzer add back the pink tones and would rather not have pink tones in foundation as well. You can try BB Porcelain foundation stick (lightweight & natural looking w/ buildable coverage)...my shade. Have worn it for 20 yrs. w/ no issues.

@Shanus

I am interested in your makeup concept.  It sounds like something which would help me!  I have redness to my skin due to rosacea and broken caps, but my skin overall is fair and I have the pink undertone.  So, perhaps, a makeup that has a pink undertone is really not what I need after all!  Maybe what I need is to have a very neutral foundation as you have stated you use, and then add color back in with blush or whatever.  You mentioned BB --- what does this stand for?  Thank you for your information!!!  

@AngelPuppy1  Sorry. Many abbreviations used that I don't know either....BB is Bobbi Brown. There are stick foundations, Tinted moisturizers (both are what I use), several liquid foundations depending on type of skin, cream to powder, etc. All have ridiculously huge range of shades and concealers and correctors (peach hued cream used under concealer to cancel out darker or blue circles under eyes). Yes, I use these too. Go to counter for perfect match. Always suggest this line for fair skin.

Respected Contributor

yellow bases look terrible against a pink neck and decollete unless you take the foundation all the way down.

I use BB but still have to use Antigua bronzer to pull pink back into my skin so I dont look like I have jaundice .

Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

yellow bases look terrible against a pink neck and decollete unless you take the foundation all the way down.

I use BB but still have to use Antigua bronzer to pull pink back into my skin so I dont look like I have jaundice .

@maestra  I said somewhere in this thread, that I also use a yellow based foundation (BB) and do add back blush/bronzer to even "things" out. Given a choice, I'd rather go that route, than have a too pink face and nothing to do to tone it down except lots of powder.

Super Contributor

Thank you !!!!    Or they run to a clay-grey undertone. Its not unusual for me to mix store-brand foundation with a QVC purchase. I like to buy kits to try products and hate to toss out foundation.

I have Two Josie Maran's being mixed with a store-brand foundation right now. Oddly its got some staying power on my face-- solid ten hours.