Honored Contributor

Re: We need some Pink Undertone Foundations

[ Edited ]

For many many years I've used Lancome and MUFE (Sephora) foundations.  Due to formulation changes that didn't work for me, I was on the hunt for a new foundation.  I found it.  REVLON Colorstay.  I've been using color 180.  Neutral that leaned towards the clay-ish color...I don't like yellow either.  Thinking it was a bit too light and colorless, last night I bought color 220.  It has a pinkish undertone.  Haven't tried it yet but just wanted to let you know that this line in the Revlon brand has pink undertone foundations.

ETA, Ben Nye has a really nice rose powder.   Very pale rose color. 

Honored Contributor

@Karie2022 wrote:

Amen!!! So sick of yellow toned foundations and powders, I look jaundice....I had on yesterday my Mac studio fix I think it's nw 30, love it because it has some pink to it..then I put my nyx bronzer over it..I think the shade it lite clair...omg...so much better, brightened my whole face up, and made my eyes pop...i normally can't wear bronzer as their too tawny in me.  Of course this is only for summer when I have a tan, not sure what I'm going to do in fall/winter Smiley Tongue

@Karie2022

I can't wear bronzer --- at all!  I wish.  I tried one that I have had for awhile by Phsycian's Formula.  I looked like my face had rusted!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

agreed - in colder weather months, I wear BE in fairly medium (matte) but Q doesn't carry that shade.

Super Contributor

@Susan-QVC I am so thankful to see that someone is willing to go to bat for us to say something. I cannot tell you how much money I have wasted on returning yellow foundations to QVC. Because of this problem, I have to purchase my foundtation elewhere. I would love to wear more of the It Cosmetics, or another brand. Thankfully Bare Minerals cares and has a shade for us pink girls. Please be a voice for us! Thanks

Trusted Contributor

If you don't mind spending $58 for a foundation, check out the new YSL All Hours.  I got color matched and got a sample at Sephora a few days ago after hearing all the rave reviews on YouTube.  I got matched to BR30 - Cool Almond (light neutral pink undertone) and it's the best matching foundation I've ever used and I love how it applies, looks and wears.  (If you want to see an in-depth review, check out Angie on Hot and Flashy.  Tati also had a great review, though she has near perfect skin so it doesn't count as much.)

I get so tired of people that say that everyone should wear yellow based foundations.  Maybe it's true for medium to deep complexions but it sure isn't true for fair/light complexions!

Honored Contributor

The undertone of your skin (warm, cool, neutral, or a combination thereof) is separate and apart from whether you have fair, light, medium, or dark skin.

A fair complexion can have any of the above undertones,  as can a dark complexion.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Well, a couple of weeks ago I bought a pink undertone foundation.  I've always used a warmish nuetral.  It was horrible but I kept it on to see what my mother thought.  My mother thought I was sick! LOL  I'll be sticking with neutrals.

Regular Contributor

I have found many brands....................Chanel  Estee most are...............depending on the price you want.  I have or need a more ivory yellow tone.

Valued Contributor

Agree!!  They rarely mention any of the foundations have a pink/rosie undertone.  Too many for yellow undertones. 

Respected Contributor

I have It CC in light, just a tad light and off color but I do use it. I also have Mally's defender BB in light/medium, a bit better so I ordered the Tarte TSV in light/medium and find it just a tad pink which I love, perfect for me, best color so far for my light complexion. I am not fair but probably a true light but need a touch of pink so tried the light/medium which turned out to be perfect for me, thank goodness, hate having to return.