Honored Contributor

Want to look 5 to 10 years younger??

Get bangs.  Bangs always make you look younger.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Want to look 5 to 10 years younger??

I agree! I had bangs my whole life. But over the years my hair has thinned so much that I can no longer wear them.Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not me.  I've never worn bangs.  We lived with my Uncle in his home. He was a most wonderful man, much loved. But he hated bangs.  If his daughter or I came to the dinner table with any hair in our faces, we were sent away to get the hair back in place. I asked him once why we couldn't have bangs, and his answer was "Only Streetwalkers Wear Bangs",  I think I was six, and my thinking at the time was that bangs were worn by people who didn't have sense enough to use the sidewalk. I didn't want to be a walking dummy, so I avoided bangs. I still can't wear them!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My hair is too  frizzy and wavy for bangs!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I've worn my hair the same way most of my life....maybe a couple of times I tried bangs in the far distant past.  I felt like I looked ten years old and looked like a nitwit.  Don't know why I felt that way....I think some people look great with bangs.

Honored Contributor

I like my bangs, they suit me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I have always worn bangs my whole life. Not sure if they make me look younger but I have a high forehead and a long oval face. Bangs break it up a little.

Trusted Contributor

I like my bangs, and I don't have to fuss with the brows.

Trusted Contributor

@Perkup. Reminds me that mom always said only bad Girls wear ankle bracelets. And I think of that every time I see one. Lol

Super Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Not me.  I've never worn bangs.  We lived with my Uncle in his home. He was a most wonderful man, much loved. But he hated bangs.  If his daughter or I came to the dinner table with any hair in our faces, we were sent away to get the hair back in place. I asked him once why we couldn't have bangs, and his answer was "Only Streetwalkers Wear Bangs",  I think I was six, and my thinking at the time was that bangs were worn by people who didn't have sense enough to use the sidewalk. I didn't want to be a walking dummy, so I avoided bangs. I still can't wear them!

That's funny. My mother told me that only streetwalkers got their ears pierced, so I had to wait until I moved out of the house and was on my own to get my ears pierced. But I do wear bangs. . lol

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft