Respected Contributor

Re: Want to look 5 to 10 years younger??

I love and wear bangs and an ankle bracelet too!  

Respected Contributor

I think that some women do look younger with bangs, others just have a fruity looking hair cut with bangs that make them look even older or dated.

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

Never had bangs, never will. Hate the sensation of hair in my face. Bangs suit some people, not others. They're tricky if you wear glasses. They look sad with older, thinning hair, and can be even more aging.

If you're young to start with, or you're using the fake bangs they're advertising on the QVC splash page, they're probably great.

The word "bang" in the hair lexicon has its roots in the word "bangtail," a term for the practice of cutting a horses's tail hair straight across. If that doesn't make you think twice, I don't know what will.

Honored Contributor

Tried bangs about a year ago

Nope, not for me

Esteemed Contributor

@luvdoodles wrote:

I have always worn bangs my whole life. Not sure if they make me look younger but I have a high forehead and a long oval face. Bangs break it up a little.

@luvdoodles

I could have written this post, word for word.  Luvdoodles, maybe we are long-lost sisters.Woman Wink

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1: regardless of age, bangs do NOT work well on a round face or with curly hair!

Respected Contributor

I need to have a wispy fringe point cut bang. Softens my features.

Honored Contributor

I've worn bangs my entire life. There have been times I've attempted to grow them out but bangs are so much more flattering on me. I don't wear long bangs, though. I like them above my eyebrows. I think long bangs hanging in a woman's face is tacky.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@queendiva...so...they don't look good on me?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

I've worn bangs all of my life as well.  The interesting thing is that I have NO lines or wrinkles on my forehead. I think that is because my forehead has been protected from the sun for 65+ years. However, no one gets to see that line free area but me.