Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT HYALURONIC ACID DO YOU LIKE?

@JudyL , just wanted you to know,  I ordered LG blush, eye pencil, and lipstick in Berry Vanilla...im looking foward to getting them...thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

I buy The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% (has HA in it) from Sephora.

Lactic Acid 10% + HA - The Ordinary | Ulta Beauty

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch , I looked at the Cosmedica, Amazon has a duo with C serum also, I'll order it.   Also, I know you use Dr. Nassif detox pads, they have the acids in them also.   Not sure if we need to add anything more??

@SilleeMee , where do you buy the Ordinary LA?  My local Ulta hasn't had it anymore. 

@Dazlin yes, thanks.  I'm not certain on the percentage of the LA and GA in the Nassif pads, but leave it to me - if some is good, more must be better. 🤷‍♀️  If I start with the LA, ill be careful not to be excessive with too many drops.  

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin - I also bought my TO Lactic Acid from Sephora.

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

You have a choice of strengths for the LA, 5% or 10%.

How To Use The Ordinary Lactic Acid - A Beauty Edit

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch , I just ordered the Cosmedica duo.  I'm going to hold off on L.A...im using the Nassiff pads, 1/2 twice daily.  I forgot I also have Alphas glycolic serum.   Think that's enough in acid department for now.

When I finish the Alpha, I'll switch over the to lactic from Ordinary.  BTW, the Alpha glycolic serum is really nice...I alternate nights with it and my retinol serum.

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin & @SilleeMee 

I've done both suggestions, especially several times as Dazlin suggested.  Unfortunately, when i checked my face later, I was shocked at how wrinkled my skin got.

So I've decided I'm better off without the HA unless there's a little bit in the moisturizer I use, which happens to work just fine.

I heard long ago HA was a problem in dry climates and for me it sure has been.

Thank you both for taking the time to assist me.  Much appreciated.

Respected Contributor

@kindred cats , I remembered there was a hyaluronic I bought at Love's whole food store...and it was awful,  verrrrry drying,  even in my Florida climate.   I returned it. That was the only time I've experienced that.  So before you quit hyaluronic, maybe try another brand, if you haven't already.   I like, Dr.Brenner, Timeless, and I've found some I like at TjMaxx.   All said, I agree about living in a dry climate...might not be good for you unless you mist your face periodically through the day.

Seems there's nice creams with hyaluronic in them too...M.asam has plenty, and Neutrogena gets good reviews too.  I tried M.asam,  it's pretty good...but I prefer a straight hyaluronic acid, then my Shiseido creams, etc.

Honored Contributor

Something else, too, about HA is that on a molecular level it comes in different sizes. Look for a product containing HA in different molecular weights or 'multi-molecular'. Usually if that info is not on the bottle then it's probably got HA in high molecular weight which sits on top of the skin. What you need is low and medium molecular weights also so the HA absorbs at different depths inside the skin.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

To add about those different molecular weights: Dr. Perricone has a nice HA product. Also, Dr. Sevinor....and there's one other Dr. on Q who has a product....but he hasn't been on in a long time, and right now I forget his name.

You could try using the Dr. Brenner on moist skin...just spritz with a rose water or toner or plain water before applying.