Honored Contributor

Desiree from IT is such a lovely lady on the inside and out.  She's got great hair and I was wondering how she gets that lift on the back of her head.  Is she able to get that result from teasing or is she wearing a hair piece (see pic below).

I've tried to tease my hair, but I can't get that lift.  My hair may not be layered enough.

Desiree.PNG

Honored Contributor

Re: Desiree from IT Cosmetics

Search hair bumps.  Lots of stuff on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Her hair looks like it has a hairpiece on top.  

Honored Contributor

Looks teased to me.

I use my Voloom volumizing iron to get mine to sort of look like that at the crown instead of teasing it.

Respected Contributor

Hello @San Antonio Gal  on her Instagram account, Desiree has a video styling her hair and applying makeup. She uses velcro rollers and curling iron after drying underneath her hair.

desireezirolli on Instagram

•  
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   Have you tried dry shampoo? It gives the hair some "tooth" and seems to react better to curling irons, velcro rollers, etc. 

My hairstylist gave me the hint of rubbing it into the scalp in the places I want height and to do it on freshly washed hair. Evidently you don't need to use it just on oily hair. That was an eye opener.

Honored Contributor

Such a dated hairstyle.

I think it looks terrible. The bump is so fake looking and makes her look old.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

She is lovely. I'm thinking she may have very layered haircut or she's added in a hair piece that blends well with her own color.

I bought a special hair teasing comb a few years back to use on 2nd day hair when I was traveling for work. It worked great to get a bit of lift. Never as lifted as  Desiree's though. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Her hair looks like it has a hairpiece on top.  

@phoenixbrd - I think she's in her 40's -- the hairstyle looks so fake. Do you think it ages her?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

Hsn sells a product to give that lift, I think a British woman with her own salon came up with it.  I have seen Amy show it on  Beauty Report.  Can't think of the name. Athough I am a Bare Minerals girl, I do like to watch Desiree when she is on.