Respected Contributor

WHAT HYALURONIC ACID DO YOU LIKE?

I'm using Dr.Brenner, but it doesn't play nice under make-up, balls and rolls off.  Nice by itself,  I think it plumps, and it's not sticky, but I want a hyaluronic before I apply make-up.   I've tried The Ordinary,  if I remember right, it was very thick, gooey.   Anything else you can suggest??

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT HYALURONIC ACID DO YOU LIKE?

I don't use plain hyaluronic acid because my moisturizers already have HA included. One of them is Glow Recipe pink moisturizer. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I want a hyaluronic acid without all the additives. Isomers has a good one that I like. I tried The Ordinary but it doesn't live up to the hype. I am going to try Nutrogena next time I need to buy it.

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin  I have been using Isomers brand for YEARS.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin   I have been using Perlier Hyaluronic Acid with Black Rice for a long time, both face and eye versions.  I had them in A/S for many, many month, probably close to a year. They're nice products, but even at sale prices, IMO they were much more expensive than necessary.  HA isn't that costly of an ingredient.  I tried The Ordinary.  It was OK, but a little thicker than Perlier.  Then I recently discovered one by Cosmedica on Amazon.  It's a thinner consistency, which is closer to Perlier.  I like it and it's super inexpensive.  There's no black rice, but that's OK, I can get that in a toner, if I want to.  I still have some Perlier to use up but once it's gone I'm putting he Cosmedica on subscription with Amazon.  I always use an essence/toner to moisten my face prior to applying the HA.

Respected Contributor

Believe it or not, I use the serum from Trader Joe's!  I use it at night so I am not sure how it " plays" with makeup 😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Neutrogena Hydro Boost

There's an entire collection of products in that line which all contain HA. Most of them are top-rated. I love the body gel (fragrance-free). There is also a gel for the face but it's basically the same as the body gel except the face gel has fragrance and a type of (thickening) wax that I don't want on my face. The body gel is absolutely wonderful to use on my face. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Neutrogena Hydro Boost

There's an entire collection of products in that line which all contain HA. Most of them are top-rated. I love the body gel (fragrance-free). There is also a gel for the face but it's basically the same as the body gel except the face gel has fragrance and a type of (thickening) wax that I don't want on my face. The body gel is absolutely wonderful to use on my face. 

I'm glad you chimed in, @SilleeMee.  I was going to tag you and ask which Hydro Boost moisturizer you liked. I remember you mentioning the line and thought it was the body gel rather than the face moisturizer in a jar.  I have some things here already that I need to get through, but eventually want to move on to something simple, accessible, and affordable that I can alternate with the Alpha body lotion in the mornings. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Neutrogena Hydro Boost

I'm glad you chimed in, @SilleeMee.  I was going to tag you and ask which Hydro Boost moisturizer you liked. I remember you mentioning the line and thought it was the body gel rather than the face moisturizer in a jar.  I have some things here already that I need to get through, but eventually want to move on to something simple, accessible, and affordable that I can alternate with the Alpha body lotion in the mornings. 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I use this one from Amazon:

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Fragrance-free Hydrating Body Gel Cream, 16 Ounce

Amazon.com : Neutrogena Hydro Boost Fragrance-free Hydrating Body Gel Cream,  16 Ounce : Beauty & Personal Care

Esteemed Contributor

My retinol cream and vitamin c serum that I use every day contain hyaluronic acid (made by Amara Beauty), so I don't add a separate product.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt