Respected Contributor

Re: Very Positive DermaRoller Update

On 1/8/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 1/8/2014 lyn in MI said: You're welcome, Liz. I agree about it being confusing, which is the reason I am still reading about it and haven't purchased a roller. I stumbled upon Dr. Setterfield's Clinic website yesterday and I found a lot of good information there. His site is Dermal Integrity.com.

Thank you for this link!!! I can hardly wait to get home and check it out. Have you received your book yet?

EDIT: Ok, so he says 4-6 weeks for the clinic treatment, but okay to roll @ home between sessions. And .5 appears to be okay to do weekly. And just when I thought it was once a month, period! {#emotions_dlg.blink} I really have to get that book, too!

My book just arrived.
Super Contributor

On 1/8/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 1/8/2014 lyn in MI said: You're welcome, Liz. I agree about it being confusing, which is the reason I am still reading about it and haven't purchased a roller. I stumbled upon Dr. Setterfield's Clinic website yesterday and I found a lot of good information there. His site is Dermal Integrity.com.

Thank you for this link!!! I can hardly wait to get home and check it out. Have you received your book yet?

EDIT: Ok, so he says 4-6 weeks for the clinic treatment, but okay to roll @ home between sessions. And .5 appears to be okay to do weekly. And just when I thought it was once a month, period! {#emotions_dlg.blink} I really have to get that book, too!

My book just arrived.

How exciting! I hope you enjoy it!!

Let me get your take on this (from his site that Lyn linked to):

Why shouldn't I just roll with my MR5 (.05 mm) dermaroller everyday?

Like most things in life, balance is needed. Rolling with a MR5 .05mm (with a cosmetic skin care product) more frequently than one week a month is too much for the skin. It's too aggressive, it will irritate the skin. This is one case where more is not better. Therefore, roll with the MR2 .02mm or MR3 .03mm every day (with a cosmetic skin care product) then once a week with the CR5 in conjuction with a skin care product.

Okay, so I'm seeing he says rolling w/a .5 more than 1x monthly is too much, but then he goes on to say that 1x weekly with a CR5 (as opposed to a MR5) is okay. I initially assumed the CR5 was the .5 roller -- but no? When you find out the definitive recommendation for the .5 frequency, please let us know!

I really want to get that book!

Trusted Contributor

UPS delivered my book at around 7PM. I didn't expect it to be so small, lol. MarenSeattle, I spent some time today reading the web site of the company that sells the MTS Roller™ that Dr. Setterfield uses in his clinic. They recommend the 0.2mm and 0.3mm to consumers for personal use. They advise that the 0.5mm is for clinical use and the 1.0mm & 2.0mm is for medical use. They have a lot of good info on their website, too.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

On 1/7/2014 ElvisShops said:

For those of you who are rolling, about how long did it take to see results? TIA

Hi -- I've been rolling just a little over a month. Initially @ 3-4 day intervals, once I waited 11 days between (was just really busy). I kept hearing that this takes time, but people are raving how quickly they're seeing results and I know my skin seemed to look a little better, plus really glowing, plump and pretty the next morning.

Now I'm wondering if it's just the reactionary swelling we're getting excited about, so I'm going to hold off at least 2 or 3 weeks before my next roll to give the collagen time to really kick in (my current MO and belief -- subject to change).

Also, I'm in full out attack mode on my face -- LightStim and every potion in the book, and just received the NuFace TSV. So I'm not sure exactly WHAT to attribute the improvements to. But I do know my DEEP lines, although still really deep, are a little less deep. One centimeter at a time. I definitely plan on continuing the rolling because the science behind it just makes sense, and the thousands of woman who roll and love the results can't ALL be wrong! Smile

Good luck!

Thanks. Keep us posted on your results.

Respected Contributor

On 1/8/2014 lyn in MI said: UPS delivered my book at around 7PM. I didn't expect it to be so small, lol. MarenSeattle, I spent some time today reading the web site of the company that sells the MTS Roller™ that Dr. Setterfield uses in his clinic. They recommend the 0.2mm and 0.3mm to consumers for personal use. They advise that the 0.5mm is for clinical use and the 1.0mm & 2.0mm is for medical use. They have a lot of good info on their website, too.
Lyn-I know! I was expecting a big ol' hard copy for that price! You got yours a lot faster than I did and I also have Prime. Looking forward to discussing it.
Respected Contributor

On 1/8/2014 BellaCarro said:

My book just arrived.

How exciting! I hope you enjoy it!!

Let me get your take on this (from his site that Lyn linked to):

Why shouldn't I just roll with my MR5 (.05 mm) dermaroller everyday?

Like most things in life, balance is needed. Rolling with a MR5 .05mm (with a cosmetic skin care product) more frequently than one week a month is too much for the skin. It's too aggressive, it will irritate the skin. This is one case where more is not better. Therefore, roll with the MR2 .02mm or MR3 .03mm every day (with a cosmetic skin care product) then once a week with the CR5 in conjuction with a skin care product.

Okay, so I'm seeing he says rolling w/a .5 more than 1x monthly is too much, but then he goes on to say that 1x weekly with a CR5 (as opposed to a MR5) is okay. I initially assumed the CR5 was the .5 roller -- but no? When you find out the definitive recommendation for the .5 frequency, please let us know!

I really want to get that book!

Geez, talk about a contradiction. Let's see what lyn and I come up with. I'm looking forward to reading it but I have tons to do around the house and work part time. My DS is home from college but getting ready to go back Saturday. Of course, I won't send him off until every thread of clothing is clean and all toiletries are amply stocked!
Occasional Contributor

I agree - what the heck! I use different devices with varying degrees of success. Things do vary with each individual. I just don't know why the other poster had to be so nasty. This is not a scientific forum, geez!
On 11/17/2013 cupcake13 said:

WOW! First off, someone was rude, but definitely not the OP!
I found mine 1.0 and used it on my face and neck last night. I wasn't sure if I did enough pressure, due to the pain, but I guess I did because my face is still a bit sore today.
Today, after my shower I did my chest and arms. I did some more internet searching and saw that some people use it to get rid of age spots on their body and I have quite a few of those on my arms. I planned on just doing my elbows and any spots, but decided to do the whole arms because I have a lot of spots.
I am sore, but hopeful. I do notice, I can tolerate it much more on my body and don't plan to do those areas as often as my face, so I am going to get a 1.5 for my body and use the 1.0 on my face only.
*if anyone is interested, amazon has a lot of reviews and there are also a lot of before and after pics available if you do a search for derma roller before & after images.

Super Contributor

On 1/8/2014 lyn in MI said: UPS delivered my book at around 7PM. I didn't expect it to be so small, lol. MarenSeattle, I spent some time today reading the web site of the company that sells the MTS Roller™ that Dr. Setterfield uses in his clinic. They recommend the 0.2mm and 0.3mm to consumers for personal use. They advise that the 0.5mm is for clinical use and the 1.0mm & 2.0mm is for medical use. They have a lot of good info on their website, too.
For the price, I thought it would be a tome! :-) I'll check out their site too, Lyn -- thanks!
Trusted Contributor

I am still wondering what size I should get. I saw that about the MR2 and MR3 and now I am totally confused. I was going to get the .05 for my face. I have the .25 and now I read that anything with 540 needles isn't good for you, you should use 192. Can someone just tell me what to use for my face? Thanks

Respected Contributor

On 1/9/2014 snowball said:

I am still wondering what size I should get. I saw that about the MR2 and MR3 and now I am totally confused. I was going to get the .05 for my face. I have the .25 and now I read that anything with 540 needles isn't good for you, you should use 192. Can someone just tell me what to use for my face? Thanks

Just got through a little of my book last night. But, from the bit I read and research we've all done here I'd say: .02 or .03 for nightly or several times a week rolling. .05 for monthly on the face. At least, this is the approach I'll be starting with. Please be careful about where you buy your rollers. I bought a.05 from New Spa on Amazon and I'm very happy with it. It came sealed In a case and UV sanitized. I inspected it with a jeweler's loupe and all needles looked as they should. HTH. ETA. - yes, stick with the 192 needle roller. Some of my approach may change depending on what else I learn but this is my initial approach.