Super Contributor

Very Positive DermaRoller Update

I wanted to update- I have had the 1.5mm derma roller now for almost 3 weeks. I am using it about every 4 days. I use it lightly on my decollete, neck, jawline, and all over my face. takes maybe 4 minutes at the most. I use my favorite anti-aging creams before and after rolling. it is not painful, but it is tingly. I do not push anywhere near hard enough to need a numbing cream

The results are fantastic. I am dumbfounded. I have two horizontal lines around the front of my neck. my neck. One of those lines is GONE. My double chin has diminished, and I have a jawline again. My face is plumper and my skin is no longer thin and crinkly. The jawline is the most amazing to me.

All of this with a little gadget that cost under $10.00. I would never have believed it if I did n't try it.

Super Contributor

Re: Very Positive DermaRoller Update

I would LOVE to know how much Amazon's sales have spiked for this item in the last week. I would bet money that there is at least a 100 women from this board that have already bought it....AT LEAST.

Regular Contributor

On 1/1/2014 ForTheLuv said:

I would LOVE to know how much Amazon's sales have spiked for this item in the last week. I would bet money that there is at least a 100 women from this board that have already bought it....AT LEAST.

I actually bought my 1.0 in January 2012, but I have since bought another, so I'm sure sales have skyrocketed from this post alone.

Respected Contributor

Count me in. I have some stubborn mouth to chin lines I'd love to work on softening.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm trying to find more about how skin needling got started....if anyone knows....

This is highly intriguing. I'm not rushing to this, because I already have another method. But I sure am enjoying hearing the reports.

It is highly suggested that you maintain good health when skin needling in order for the body to repair itself quickly. I'm sure you all are reading everything you can.

• Keep healthy

Skin needling and dermarolling will only work as well as your body can heal. And the key to healing well is eating well. Eat more fruits and vegetables, reduce your alcohol intake, and avoid smoking and drug use. Take light exercise and keep your stress levels down. Take extra Vitamin C — it’s been proven to boost the body’s healing response and helps build collagen.

Even maintaining a happy and relaxed state of mind can improve your body’s healing ability. Sleep enough hours so that you don’t feel tired when you wake up the next day.

• Use a Vitamin C-enriched topical

Applied topically, Vitamin C will also boost collagen and can make a great difference in your results. The Vitamin C will also penetrate deeper following skin needling or dermarolling, enhancing its effectiveness by many times. You can use a store-bought lotion or make your own. Several sites sell Vitamin C in powder form (eg ascorbic acid, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate), which you can mix with distilled water to make your own solution.

Respected Contributor

Is titanium or stainless steel better? Any particular brand? Thanks
Contributor

On 12/31/2013 Silverandgold said:
On 12/31/2013 Mishell5 said:
On 12/31/2013 ElvisShops said:

I was just looking at the dermal rollers on on amazon and ebay and noticed that the vendor for one brand recommended using the 1.0 mm for most applications, rather than the 1.5 mm. The vendor had a chart showing which roller worked best for which application.

I was debating which one to get...and noticed what you did. I ended up buying the 1.0mm.

I just received my Dermaroller today from amazon & I also got the 1.0mm. I used it for the first time & it was certainly less painful than I thought it would be. I watched several demos before I tried it. My skin got a bit red & did look like I had sunburn (I have a light complexion). I then put on vitamin C serum. The redness went away in less than 2 hours. I"m anxious to see the results as I continue to use it.

ElvisShops. The M Asam collagen booster will work perfectly with the derma roller. I use it right after a treatment. It does not burn at all and I think will work even better. Good Luck.

Liz

Regular Contributor

I just saw a you tube video about 8 myths about the derma roller. It states that you don't need a vit. C cream. In fact it would be better not to use anything over a C cream. Look up the video.
Contributor

On the Amazon site it says it can be used for hair regrowth. Anyone used it for that?

Regular Contributor

On 1/1/2014 TennisCaptain3 said: I just saw a you tube video about 8 myths about the derma roller. It states that you don't need a vit. C cream. In fact it would be better not to use anything over a C cream. Look up the video.

I too saw that video and I do not find it accurate. I also saw a couple of videos on derma rolling that were quite disturbing. One was a supposed doctor derma rolling on a woman who still had obvious makeup on her face. A doctor should know better. And another was a woman having at a man's face...rolling all willy-nilly without lifting the roller and rolling right across his furrowed brow...you should always pull the creases taught before rolling.
Youtube videos are not always helpful and can be posted by any Tom, D ick, or Harry.