Super Contributor

Re: Very Positive DermaRoller Update

Wow! I am happy to see so many are trying this. The results really are incredible

I have very, very pale skin, and use a light touch rolling. My skin turns VERY bright red, but it calms down in about an hour. I have numbing cream that came with my roller, but have not used it (yet). Once a week is my schedule now. (I used it twice a week when i started)

Some of the YouTube videos are awful. You do not have to torture yourself to get fantastic results. You are building collagen in your deep dermis, and this does not require drawing blood.

Regular Contributor

On 12/18/2013 Wadzlla said:

I use the roller in the evening, after showering. I apply my serums, and then use the roller. My face is very red after rolling, but is fine in the morning. The rolling itself is still uncomfortable, but well worth it. Twice a week is enough for me!

I am noticing my forehead lines are decreasing, and my whole face has plumped up and no longer looks tired and dragged down. The back of my hands are also looking much better.

Very happy with this $10.00 beauty treatment!!

thanks for posting your experiences. I was curious about the hands, mine really need some help as they are looking so old with thinning skin and spots. I am going to try this based on cost and the positive reviews. I can look for results online - would not ask you to post your pics on a public board.

Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2014 waterdragon said:
On 12/18/2013 Wadzlla said:

I use the roller in the evening, after showering. I apply my serums, and then use the roller. My face is very red after rolling, but is fine in the morning. The rolling itself is still uncomfortable, but well worth it. Twice a week is enough for me!

I am noticing my forehead lines are decreasing, and my whole face has plumped up and no longer looks tired and dragged down. The back of my hands are also looking much better.

Very happy with this $10.00 beauty treatment!!

thanks for posting your experiences. I was curious about the hands, mine really need some help as they are looking so old with thinning skin and spots. I am going to try this based on cost and the positive reviews. I can look for results online - would not ask you to post your pics on a public board.

Yes, thanks again, OP for taking the time to let us know your experiences. I, too, would not expect you to post pics, esp. for a gadget around $10. The onus is on us to research and decide if it is right for our needs.
Super Contributor

On 12/31/2013 Silverandgold said:
On 12/31/2013 Mishell5 said:
On 12/31/2013 ElvisShops said:

I was just looking at the dermal rollers on on amazon and ebay and noticed that the vendor for one brand recommended using the 1.0 mm for most applications, rather than the 1.5 mm. The vendor had a chart showing which roller worked best for which application.

I was debating which one to get...and noticed what you did. I ended up buying the 1.0mm.

I just received my Dermaroller today from amazon & I also got the 1.0mm. I used it for the first time & it was certainly less painful than I thought it would be. I watched several demos before I tried it. My skin got a bit red & did look like I had sunburn (I have a light complexion). I then put on vitamin C serum. The redness went away in less than 2 hours. I"m anxious to see the results as I continue to use it.

Thanks for posting your experience. I am a little nervous about using it. I'm glad it was not as painful as you anticipated. I also have a light complexion. What kind of Vit. C did you use. I have the Vit. C serum from Isomers and am wondering if this is a good choice to use after the actual Dermaroller.

I have the Mad Hippie Vit C serum. I put it right on & there was no burning or any sensitivity (another of my concerns!) Right now, my face looks normal as it would any other night. I was initially nervous also, but I can honestly say I imagined it far worse. I was pleasantly surprised & will await the results : )

Thanks! I have heard of that Vit C serum on the boards. I don't wanting any burning or harsh products on my skin after using the Dermaroller. So it really isn't too painful? That is good to hear. Mine will probably arrive by tomorrow.

Super Contributor

I was just looking at the dermal rollers on on amazon and ebay and noticed that the vendor for one brand recommended using the 1.0 mm for most applications, rather than the 1.5 mm. The vendor had a chart showing which roller worked best for which application.

I was debating which one to get...and noticed what you did. I ended up buying the 1.0mm.

I just received my Dermaroller today from amazon & I also got the 1.0mm. I used it for the first time & it was certainly less painful than I thought it would be. I watched several demos before I tried it. My skin got a bit red & did look like I had sunburn (I have a light complexion). I then put on vitamin C serum. The redness went away in less than 2 hours. I"m anxious to see the results as I continue to use it.

Thanks for posting your experience. I am a little nervous about using it. I'm glad it was not as painful as you anticipated. I also have a light complexion. What kind of Vit. C did you use. I have the Vit. C serum from Isomers and am wondering if this is a good choice to use after the actual Dermaroller.

I also have very fair skin, and I'm a little nervous about using the device. My skin almost never reacts to any topical product. I can use retin a and an bha or whatever in the same evening and it's fine. However, it reacts a lot to manual irritations and reddens right away. I'll have to try it on a weekend just in case it stays red longer than it should.

I'm the opposite. I react to topical products. Right now something gave me some red patches on my face that I never had. I think I overused some new products. Now I am doing nothing till it clears. We will see if I get red using this device. Chances are I will, but I just don't want my skin to be reactive like it can get with products. Good plan to try it on the weekend.

Super Contributor

On 12/31/2013 wackers said:

I have also been reading through a lot of info on these derma rollers and decided to get the 1.0 mm too .............. from all I ascertained, it seemed to be a good starting point. I do believe you can also apply serums prior to using based on some of the info I read through.

Oh my, with so many of us embarking on the use of derma rollers at the very start of the New Year, it might be very interesting to compare notes and progress at the end of this year. We might all be looking a decade or two younger by then {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I started seeing derma rollers on ebay years ago (2009) and was very curious about them but just could not find any info on any of the beauty boards or blogs I frequent. Seems the Far East is often way ahead of us when it comes to progressive ideas about the skin. BB creams also originated there ........ Korea, I think.

Wishing success to all who embark on this new approach!

Ha... That would be awesome. I will be happy to look a few years younger!!Smile

Super Contributor

On 12/31/2013 BellaCarro said: Wouldn't C serum be somewhat irritating? I would think a more soothing serum would be better.

That is a concern of mine. What serum would you think would be good to use? Also...anyone else please post what serums you do use after using the Dermaroller. TIA

Super Contributor

The two best sites for info/education (IMO): WhiteLotusAntiAging.com, owndoc.com This is from owndoc: owndoc dermaroller sizing Wrinkles Wrinkles between the eyebrows (“11's”) The single needle is absolutely the best tool for it. Alternatively, us a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles. Wrinkles around the eyes can be treated with a 0.5 mm or a 1 mm dermastamp or a 0.5, 1 or a 1.5 mm dermaroller. A narrow roller (3-liner) is easier to maneuver here but a regular roller is also a possible choice. The wrinkles around the lips can be treatned with a 1.5 mm or a 2 mm dermastamp with 35 needles. Alternatively a narrow 1.5 mm or a narrow 2 mm dermaroller or a one liner roller. This area is very sensitive and you will likely need a numbing cream here. For the general rejuvenation of the entire face, use a regular 0.5 mm or 1 mm or 1.5 mm dermaroller. Alternatively a 1.5 mm large dermastamp with 80 needles. For the neck, a regular 1 mm dermaroller, but avoid the Adams’ apple. Nasolabial fold The deepening of skin folds is caused by: loosening of ligament attachments that attach the skin to the underlying tissues and to the bone loss of skin elasticity loss of fat gravitational forces Microneedling can improve skin elasticity and trigger collagen but it cannot solve the other causes so there can be no miraculous results expected for the nasolabial fold. Stamp the fold densely every three weeks with a 1.5 mm dermastamp. You can add rolling the entire face with a 1 mm regular dermaroller for an overall tightening of the skin. Lost elasticity/sun damaged skin From our experience, the best results for crêpey/sagging skin is the combination of a short-needled dermaroller (to speed up the turnover of the skin) and a long-needled dermaroller (to trigger the formation of new collagen and elastin). We recommend using a regular 0.5 mm dermaroller (roll up to three times a week) and a regular 1.5 mm dermaroller (roll very densely every three weeks). This should also help with age/sun spots. Do not expect miracles though. The biggest problem of aging skin is that the subcutaneous fat that makes the skin nicely plumped up is disappearing. Dermarolling cannot trigger fat production; it can only affect the skin and slightly thicken and tighten it. A regular 1 mm roller (roll every 10-14 days) is also useful. If you have visible veins at the back of your hands, do not push the 1.5 mm dermaroller too much in or buy a shorter size. Our Infadolan ointment is excellent for the daily application on the back of the hands. Apply just a little. ? 0.5 mm long needles can be used once or twice or three times a week on the same skin area. ? 1 mm can be used every 10 to 14 days on the same skin area. ? 1.5 mm can only be used once every three to four weeks on the same skin area.
Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2014 Mishell5 said:
On 12/31/2013 BellaCarro said: Wouldn't C serum be somewhat irritating? I would think a more soothing serum would be better.

That is a concern of mine. What serum would you think would be good to use? Also...anyone else please post what serums you do use after using the Dermaroller. TIA

Isomers Amino comes to mind or a copper serum.
Super Contributor

I APOLOGIZE for the above long, mushed-together post! I cut and pasted note complete with paragraphs -- obviously doesn't transfer. Went back in to edit and fix, but obviously I don't know how to do that. Anyway, it's well worth reading, even if your eyes will be rolling back in your head by the time you finish. :-) Hope it's helpful -- and just have to recommend those two sites.