Contributor

Re: Very Positive DermaRoller Update

Hi Girls.

I have been using the 1.5 roller for about two weeks. I think I have used it three times so far. But after reading this thread I am totally confused. I ordered the .5 roller too. I was thinking maybe the 1.5 was going to be too much. I was going to use it twice a week. Your suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe I can alternate???? I have read so many conflicting articles. Some say use twice and week and some say once a month.... I don't want to damage my skin.

Thank you so much,

Liz

Trusted Contributor

On 1/5/2014 Miss Lizzie said:

Hi Girls.

I have been using the 1.5 roller for about two weeks. I think I have used it three times so far. But after reading this thread I am totally confused. I ordered the .5 roller too. I was thinking maybe the 1.5 was going to be too much. I was going to use it twice a week. Your suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe I can alternate???? I have read so many conflicting articles. Some say use twice and week and some say once a month.... I don't want to damage my skin.

Thank you so much,

Liz

Liz - I have not seen a recommendation to roll with a 1.5mm length roller more often than once every three to four weeks. You can find a great deal of information at owndoc.com as well as whitelotusantiaging.com. Below is the information from owndoc.com regarding usage:

ROLLING/STAMPING FREQUENCY
0.2 or 0.25 mm long needles can be used every second day on the same skin area.

0.5 mm long needles can be used once or twice or three times a week on the same skin area.

1 mm can be used every 10 to 14 days on the same skin area.

1.5 mm can only be used once every three to four weeks on the same skin area.

2.0 mm can only be used once every five weeks on the same skin area, and only if you have the knowledge to judge which part of the skin is thick enough to safely use this needle length.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

For those of you who are rolling, about how long did it take to see results? TIA

Respected Contributor

On 1/7/2014 ElvisShops said:

For those of you who are rolling, about how long did it take to see results? TIA

Poor thing, you've asked this twice and no response! Sorry to say, IDK! I used it for the first time last night. Way too soon to say. I'm researching the heck out of it, though. If I see any results either way I'll post.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/7/2014 BellaCarro said:

Poor thing, you've asked this twice and no response! Sorry to say, IDK! I used it for the first time last night. Way too soon to say. I'm researching the heck out of it, though. If I see any results either way I'll post.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Contributor

On 1/5/2014 lyn in MI said:
On 1/5/2014 Miss Lizzie said:

Hi Girls.

Thank you so much,

Liz

Liz - I have not seen a recommendation to roll with a 1.5mm length roller more often than once every three to four weeks. You can find a great deal of information at owndoc.com as well as whitelotusantiaging.com. Below is the information from owndoc.com regarding usage:

ROLLING/STAMPING FREQUENCY
0.2 or 0.25 mm long needles can be used every second day on the same skin area.

0.5 mm long needles can be used once or twice or three times a week on the same skin area.

1 mm can be used every 10 to 14 days on the same skin area.

1.5 mm can only be used once every three to four weeks on the same skin area.

2.0 mm can only be used once every five weeks on the same skin area, and only if you have the knowledge to judge which part of the skin is thick enough to safely use this needle length.

Thanks Lyn. You are right. I decided to use the 0.5 twice a week and the 1.5 maybe once a month. I hope that will work and be safe. This is so confusing but interesting too.

Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

You're welcome, Liz. I agree about it being confusing, which is the reason I am still reading about it and haven't purchased a roller. I stumbled upon Dr. Setterfield's Clinic website yesterday and I found a lot of good information there. His site is Dermal Integrity.com.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Super Contributor

Hi -- I've been rolling just a little over a month. Initially @ 3-4 day intervals, once I waited 11 days between (was just really busy). I kept hearing that this takes time, but people are raving how quickly they're seeing results and I know my skin seemed to look a little better, plus really glowing, plump and pretty the next morning.

Now I'm wondering if it's just the reactionary swelling we're getting excited about, so I'm going to hold off at least 2 or 3 weeks before my next roll to give the collagen time to really kick in (my current MO and belief -- subject to change).

Also, I'm in full out attack mode on my face -- LightStim and every potion in the book, and just received the NuFace TSV. So I'm not sure exactly WHAT to attribute the improvements to. But I do know my DEEP lines, although still really deep, are a little less deep. One centimeter at a time. I definitely plan on continuing the rolling because the science behind it just makes sense, and the thousands of woman who roll and love the results can't ALL be wrong! Smile

Good luck!

Super Contributor

On 1/8/2014 lyn in MI said: You're welcome, Liz. I agree about it being confusing, which is the reason I am still reading about it and haven't purchased a roller. I stumbled upon Dr. Setterfield's Clinic website yesterday and I found a lot of good information there. His site is Dermal Integrity.com.

Thank you for this link!!! I can hardly wait to get home and check it out. Have you received your book yet?

EDIT: Ok, so he says 4-6 weeks for the clinic treatment, but okay to roll @ home between sessions. And .5 appears to be okay to do weekly. And just when I thought it was once a month, period! {#emotions_dlg.blink} I really have to get that book, too!

Frequent Contributor

Have any of you had results with old scars? I have a 23 year old C-Section bikini scar I may try this with! I'd like to try it on my neck also. That's the most aged part of me. Smiley Sad I'm enjoying this thread, interesting. Thanks all who posted!