Super Contributor

Re: Very Positive DermaRoller Update

On 1/1/2014 lyn in MI said:
On 1/1/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 1/1/2014 Mishell5 said:
On 12/31/2013 BellaCarro said: Wouldn't C serum be somewhat irritating? I would think a more soothing serum would be better.

That is a concern of mine. What serum would you think would be good to use? Also...anyone else please post what serums you do use after using the Dermaroller. TIA

Isomers Amino comes to mind or a copper serum.
I think if I decide to try dermarolling, I'll use Isomers Copper P Concentrate.

Thanks Lyn! I have some in the house. I wish I had bought the big size when Manuela was offering it!

Super Contributor

On 1/1/2014 MarenSeattle said: When I've dermarolled, my skin looks the best after, and the following morning when I just use a vitamin c concoction (just vit c powder and purified water) and press Josie's oil in all over my face. I've only rolled 5 times, and one time my skin looked exceptionally glowy. Other times I used every potion I had in my arsenal, and I did't emit that radiance the next morning. So last night back to the basics, and it's been over 12 hours and my skin still looks fresh and plump. :-) In my extensive mind-numbing research, I've learned you can use just about anything you want before/after, and just have to discover which you like best, so just passing this possibility along.

I have those things at home as well. I guess it is different for everyone, but this sounds like it is working great for you and worth a try! Thanks!

Super Contributor

On 1/1/2014 Sweetiepie2 said:

Thanks ladies for all of the information. I have been doing research for some time and have always chickened out but just decided to give it a try and placed my order on Amazon for the MT rollers. I'm excited and it would be great if we can all post our results! Happy New Year to all!

This is a great thread. Thanks to the OP for starting it. I agree we should post our results. After doing some more research I cancelled my 1.0 on and got the 0.5!

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

On 1/1/2014 Mishell5 said:
On 1/1/2014 Sweetiepie2 said:

Thanks ladies for all of the information. I have been doing research for some time and have always chickened out but just decided to give it a try and placed my order on Amazon for the MT rollers. I'm excited and it would be great if we can all post our results! Happy New Year to all!

This is a great thread. Thanks to the OP for starting it. I agree we should post our results. After doing some more research I cancelled my 1.0 on and got the 0.5!

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Yes! Thanks to the OP. I am looking forward to trying something new that doesn't cost a fortune! I also appreciate the posts from own.com and found it to be the most informative site and led me there to learn more! Good luck to all and will look forward to getting and trying it out! Happy New Year!

Trusted Contributor

Great information. Thanks everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/1/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 1/1/2014 happycat said:

Well, this has been very informative, that's why I love this board! Those of you who use this, can you tell if it helps with large pores? TIA.

The woman who runs owndoc.com says it does NOT help with pores. She believes all the rave reviews stating it does may be because of the swelling making the pores appear smaller. But that's just her opinion, so -- as always -- you probably just need to give it a shot and see if you're happy with the results. :-)

Thank you, Maren.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/13/2013 Wadzlla said:
On 11/13/2013 Kind12 said:

Did you draw blood? I would be worried about getting an infection. It is something I want to know more about? Can you use it under the eyes where the skin is thin?

Thanks.

No. I use light pressure. It is uncomfortable, but not painful. You can use numbing cream and use more pressure, but I am not going to do that. I use it VERY lightly on my under eyes and upper lip- ouch!!!! It instantly reddens your skin. My lower neck and decollete get really red. (very fair skinned) I use it at bedtime, and by morning all redness is gone.

The dermaroller can be sterilized easily with alcohol, and I cleanse my face before applying my anti-aging cream.

This thing is amazing. The plumpness it has brought back into my face and neck without spending thousands of dollars is real. My jawline is back!!!!!!!! I have been seriously considering a lower face lift in the next 2 years because my jawline, double chin and neck have really started to look bad.

I purchased mine on amazon.com after reading an article about it.

You probably already answered this somewhere, but how long did it take you to see results?

Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2014 MarenSeattle said: I APOLOGIZE for the above long, mushed-together post! I cut and pasted note complete with paragraphs -- obviously doesn't transfer. Went back in to edit and fix, but obviously I don't know how to do that. Anyway, it's well worth reading, even if your eyes will be rolling back in your head by the time you finish. :-) Hope it's helpful -- and just have to recommend those two sites.
If you use an iPad it will always happen. Does not with a Kindle, though. I have both but prefer the iPad for most things. It's a programming issue that Q could fix. It's not an easy fix, though. Anyway, FYI.
Super Contributor

On 1/3/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 1/1/2014 MarenSeattle said: I APOLOGIZE for the above long, mushed-together post! I cut and pasted note complete with paragraphs -- obviously doesn't transfer. Went back in to edit and fix, but obviously I don't know how to do that. Anyway, it's well worth reading, even if your eyes will be rolling back in your head by the time you finish. :-) Hope it's helpful -- and just have to recommend those two sites.
If you use an iPad it will always happen. Does not with a Kindle, though. I have both but prefer the iPad for most things. It's a programming issue that Q could fix. It's not an easy fix, though. Anyway, FYI.
Yep, it's an iPad. Someone told me to use html code and that works, but what a hassle. :-)
Respected Contributor

I have a stainless 1.0 on its way from Amazon. It was 13. and change, free ship since I'm an Amazon member.

Very intrigued. We need to stay in touch with each other to follow our progress. If there's any particularly good youtubes on how to use the dermal roller, please post.

One poster in the aesthetics biz claimed it does nothing for wrinkles but is very good for scars. We'll see. I'd be delighted to get some help with my lower face which is starting to show signs of aging.

Thanks to the OP!!!!