Honored Contributor

Re: VIPs got haircuts/color?

Does hair care/services fall in the bucket of prescriptions or food?

Jordan2
Honored Contributor

Re: TS HSN Nurse Jamie DermaScrape
Options
‎04-29-2020 12:25 PM

I have to save my money for more important things, like food and medications.
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 19 (417 Views)

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm staring at a box of Revlon Root Rescue! It sounds really easy to use ( just for roots and you can get three applications from it), but I'm not sure if I want to do it. It's at least two more weeks if not more that I'll be able to get my hair cut and colored. Maybe I'll just do it, take my chances!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

My husband has grown his beard and his hair and I like it. He'll have to trim up both soon but usually he travels internationally all year and won't be doing that this year. 

I quit coloring my hair and let my natural curls grow out about 2 years ago. I have grey all the way to the ends but it's not solid. I'm so happy about going natural now with all this. I don't need a cut anytime soon because i don't use any hot tools at all. I usually go every 4 months sometimes longer. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm fortunate in that I can color my own hair and cut it as well. I gave my husband a haircut last week and my adult daughter who lives with us wants me to trim her hair too.

I was watching CNBC in passing as my husband has that on all morning long yesterday and there were a couple of talking head financial contributors doing a video call in from home. The guy looked like he not only needed a haircut and shave, but a bath. The woman had visible gray roots growing out of her chin length blond bob. Both were, I would guess, in their 50s. Video conference ready, they definitely were not!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just read in New York Times that some stylists are putting together kits (color,conditioner, shampoo,etc) and doing curbside pickup.  Then they Skpe tutorials; the cost is $70-85.  I'm sure this is an option that might be a game changer for some stylists.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

A hairdresser was going to his clients homes to cut hair and he died from the virus.(was on the news)

I think people going to the hairdresser or having the hairdresser coming to their homes are really taking a chance. This is such a contagious and deadly virus why would you take the chance. It's only hair!! This won't last forever it is going to end. Be smart and be safe. Your hair can wait.

Honored Contributor

@TY  I had a couple of phone visits with Drs last week.  The first was just a regular phone call...to the tune of $100 Smiley Surprised The next I assumed would be an audio call as well.  I got a 10 minute "get ready" text for a VIDEO conference with my neuro.  I ran to the bathroom to fix my hair, put on lipgloss, and mascara.  WHEW!  The video call with the neuro was $20.

Respected Contributor

My governor has long, really dark hair.  Last week during a question and answer show, she was asked "Why do you get to have your hair done when we can't go to the salon?"  She smiled and said her teenage daughter had done her roots for her in their kitchen!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@granddi wrote:

I was not tring to be mean spirited in the question. 

My husband looks like the shaggy dog even with my trusty scissors. Got me thinking about the network news anchors, the politicians, spokes people, the weather guy etc. Most do not look like they have missed hair cuts.

@granddi   Take a look at Kelly Ripa. Her hairdresser has her using root coverup...no haircut either. Most newscasters are cutting their own hair, trusting their wives, husbands, etc. with the clippers/scissors. Celebrities are seen doing interviews w/ roots, no makeup, wearing baseball hats, too. The few that look "groomed" may have learned over the years how to cut/color their own hair. 

@Shanus She announced on her show about a couple of weeks ago that she did cut her hair. I got the impression that Mark helped her with it. She also took out her extensions in the back. Recently, she colored it because you could tell the demarcation was different in the beginning and very brassy. Now she is a medium blonde again.