Esteemed Contributor

Using make-up that I don't like...

I've purchased some foundations ....eye shadow...lipstick...blush ...that I just didn't care for and hated to throw it out because of all the money I spent on it....

Now with this staying at home....I am using it!

No one but hubby sees me and who cares if the blush is too pink...

Kind of lifts my spirits

I am saving my favorites for when I go out again...

Honored Contributor

Re: Using make-up that I don't like...

@Nataliesgramma  Try mixing the blush with regular powder to tone down the pink.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not wearing makeup, but when cleaning out cabinets/tossing old gels & mousses, I figured I'll use the ones that weren't great and save the better hair products, shampoos & conditioners for when it matters. Right now, just need clean hair & a little control for curls. Same idea as using up makeup.

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma 

The discontinued my Estée Lauder blush several years ago and now I am totally without even a trace of the cream.

I took a matte pink lipstick and a light coral and swab them on the now empty cream tray...swirl together and apply as blush.  Result is quite nice.

You May want to experiment with colors that will complement your lipstick, even using the lipstick as the second color to blend with the " pink ".

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma  I'm doing  the same.  

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma Most places have gone to 90 days returns.  Save your receipt

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I'm doing the same!  Dressing a little funkier and wearing make-up I wouldn't necessarily wear out in public -- just for fun!!

Regular Contributor

I've been doing this mostly with skincare, but some makeup too. It seems like a good idea, but my skin has not reacted well. It's a combination of stress, temps getting warmer, and well I just need to stick with a few of my favs and get rid of the rest. 

Honored Contributor

I tossed out alot recently--mostly because I don't use it or ever will, so why does it live in my tiny space? I did pay alot for it but , you know if it doesn't get used, it turns bad and ya gotta toss it anyway-----cha-ching-----Woman Sad Not buying anything until what I have is gone and boy--do I have alot still!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I tossed out alot recently--mostly because I don't use it or ever will, so why does it live in my tiny space? I did pay alot for it but , you know if it doesn't get used, it turns bad and ya gotta toss it anyway-----cha-ching-----Woman Sad Not buying anything until what I have is gone and boy--do I have alot still!!

@wagirl, I personally think you're better just to toss it and get it out of your site.  That way you're mad or upset when you toss it and then it's over with.  Otherwise, at least for me, everytime I see it and know I won't use it, it makes me angry.  LOL