Honored Contributor

Re: Using apps for selfies example

She's been on a 10 day ski 'journey'.  Can't call it a vacation because it seems most of her life is a vacation.  Ha!

She left Denver and went to some resorts in Utah, Wyoming and was going to Montana but have already been to Wyoming and Montana.

I learned what a Yurt was when he hosted a 3 day girl's night for a friend she went to school with who was getting married.  It was my daughter and around 8 of their girlfriends from high school.  She always sends pictures.  Anyway she's been snowshoeing (sp) in Ketchum, Idaho, Sun Valley, Utah and bla bla (can't keep up).

Her best friend (one of them) from high school's brother owns a resort in Ketchum, Idaho.  They stayed there for free.  She said it was 'awsome'.  She's been all over Europe and the US and if she says it is awsome, it probably is....."for her...not my idea of awsome".  Ha!

I don't understand why in the world anyone would want to stay in a place that doesn't have electricity?

This guy who runs it used to be a personal chef for some famous celebrities so I am sure the food was amazing.  I like plain food, my daughter eats weird stuff and is a wonderful cook.

Here's the place:http://www.galenalodge.com/

Honored Contributor

@Jasmine19

I think posting photos of oneself is a little ridiculous, too.

My use of these apps comes from a HUGE, LONG (rather aggravating) quest to learn how to use filters for photographic purposes -- my hobby.

And this became necessary due to APPLE discontinuing the iPhoto app which was simple to use and simply beautiful. Smiley Sad

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

She's been on a 10 day ski 'journey'.  Can't call it a vacation because it seems most of her life is a vacation.  Ha!

She left Denver and went to some resorts in Utah, Wyoming and was going to Montana but have already been to Wyoming and Montana.

I learned what a Yurt was when he hosted a 3 day girl's night for a friend she went to school with who was getting married.  It was my daughter and around 8 of their girlfriends from high school.  She always sends pictures.  Anyway she's been snowshoeing (sp) in Ketchum, Idaho, Sun Valley, Utah and bla bla (can't keep up).

Her best friend (one of them) from high school's brother owns a resort in Ketchum, Idaho.  They stayed there for free.  She said it was 'awsome'.  She's been all over Europe and the US and if she says it is awsome, it probably is....."for her...not my idea of awsome".  Ha!

I don't understand why in the world anyone would want to stay in a place that doesn't have electricity?

This guy who runs it used to be a personal chef for some famous celebrities so I am sure the food was amazing.  I like plain food, my daughter eats weird stuff and is a wonderful cook.

Here's the place:http://www.galenalodge.com/

@Annabellethecat66

How interesting, I read the link and pics of the yurt.  Yes, I can't imagine no electricity either.  Well, as long as she's having fun, and she's young so the time to do adventurous things.

Honored Contributor

@Himi lover She called me today and we talked for a long time.  She's slowly working  (skiing) her way back home.

She was soooo excited talking about it.  I am so proud of her because she has learned what I've always said to people, "Life is about at the end having as few regrets as possible.  Those you can do something about, do it.  Those you can't, move on".

She works really hard and has a great job ethic.  She's able to live the life-style she can because she knows I've got her back.

I received a card from daughter #2 (I call them that sometimes, tongue in cheek) and the entire card was all about how she tries to be the kind of mother I was and make life exciting for her children.  She said she tries to give her children the kind of unconditional love I gave her.

It wasn't easy with this one.  She knew it.  Now she doing great.  That's what life's about, right?

I feel like I can say these things because I KNOW there are so many of you out there just like me who give unconditional love to their children.  As a mother, it's not unusual at all.

I just wish other mothers would allow themselves to accept how wonderful they are and accept all of the accolades they well deserve.

Stand up and give yourself a hand ladies, one and all!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

YouCam Makeup is a fun and free app. You don't have to use it on a selfie picture either. Any picture of a face will do. I've been using some of the makeup tools to digitally touch up and colorize black and white photos where the face needs some skin tone. They also have a hair color tool which works on black and white photos. It's easy to use with a bit of practice.

How about trying it on an old high school yearbook photo? Or a photo taken at a recent event?

Other apps that I like for digital retouching are Facetune (this app is a paid one at about $6 dollars but is easy to use unlike the desktop version of Photoshop Elements), Spring app which is free and you can use this app to thin out sections of a photo or stretch them out, and Perfect365 for the ipad which is also another free app. you can use to colorize,  apply makeup and fix skin issues.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 @Himi lover I just texted her and she sent this back. 

http://www.instyle.com/makeover.  She said upload a pic and see what hair would look like, etc.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Thanks.  I found the app.  It asks you to register for an account.  I'm afraid if I upload a photo, it may wind up on the Internet somehow.  Hmmm.

Honored Contributor

@Himi lover I always think of that too.  The younger generation aren't as afraid of things like that as my generation (don't know your's).

My oldest daughter and her husband run a computer security company.  She is constantly telling me how stupid me and my friends are about all of this stuff because it's all out there anyway.

For instance there are programs where just the mere mention of a product or thing alerts a company of your interest in the product and you'll get on a list.  Haven't you ever gotten an email from some place and wondered how they knew you were interested in this or that or "where did this come from".

Anyway, I'll continue like you.  The younger the generation they just accept so many things that my generation said, "Now hold on there"!

I prefer the caution tape myself!

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Himi lover I always think of that too.  The younger generation aren't as afraid of things like that as my generation (don't know your's).

My oldest daughter and her husband run a computer security company.  She is constantly telling me how stupid me and my friends are about all of this stuff because it's all out there anyway.

For instance there are programs where just the mere mention of a product or thing alerts a company of your interest in the product and you'll get on a list.  Haven't you ever gotten an email from some place and wondered how they knew you were interested in this or that or "where did this come from".

Anyway, I'll continue like you.  The younger the generation they just accept so many things that my generation said, "Now hold on there"!

I prefer the caution tape myself!

@Annabellethecat66

Yes, your daughter is correct.  For some reason, I've gotten more fashion magazines from stores I've never heard of, so my address and shopping habits are out there. I notice too, on Facebook, advertisements appear from places I frequently order from.  I'm not really Facebook savvy, and rarely post anything.  Yes, emails too.  I think like you, I try to be cautious, but your daughter is right.  A lot can be found out about you on the Internet.