Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

All stores today have video  cameras which record all transactions that occur.  This is to assist law enforcement in the event of a robbery or a fraudulent use of a credit card.  If someone used your points in a store there is a record of the transaction.  I would insist that ULTA show proof that it was you who used those points or reimburse your account with them.  DOes seem a bit bizarre that someone has enough skills to hack into the Ulta system and then uses those skills to steal your points.

It might have been an online purchase, how does a company record that person? 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@zgirl,  Call and ask for a manager.  This is one thing I do that you may want to do if you are not doing - don't leave any credit card nos. on file (even though the numbers are block out except the last 4).  I don't want anyone holding my card numbers..  So sorry that happened to you -- it's a pain.

@Katcat1, how do you have a company NOT keep your credit card number in their computer?  

there is usually an option during the ordering process to keep yr cc info on file.  ck or unck to do so 

Regular Contributor

I was so disappointed in ULTA when they finally opened a store near me.  I rarely shop there but if I do I will use cash and try to have the correct change.  From the beginning,  I was not comfortable using a credit card with them.

Respected Contributor

Ulta sent me an email months ago to change my password even though nothing suspicious was going on with my account. A few months ago I also read on here about other people having their points stolen. Kinds of scares me. Not sure if I want to continue my Platinum status. I can go for another year and half before my points have to start accumulating towards that status. I do like their point system better than Sephora though.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate,   Go to you account information on whatever website and delete it.  When you are first setting up an account or even when you are repurchasing and don't have a credit card on file there is a box that is checked that reads "keep credit card no. on file"  take that check mark out of the box.  I hope this helps you. 

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

Do you all have proof it was hacked?  It wasn't even on the news.

@Blingqueen023  Neither was the Equifax hack, until months later.

@mistriTsquirrel That's true, but if I worried about Equifax every day I may not see my next birthday.  I can't change what happened there but I won't let it take years off my life from worrying about it.  The only thing Ulta has on me is my address and phone number.  

@Blingqueen023  I don't think anyone here is suggesting that you should worry about Equifax every day. 

Personally, I want to know if someone has my info.  That way I can determine whether or not I have to do anything.  So it irritates me when companies are deceptive after these things happen.

@mistriTsquirrel  It irritates me also about these companies that get hacked.  I can't change the outcome of it.  After going to sleep thinking you're healthy and waking up with a lymphoma in your face, my outlook on life has totally changed.  Actually, my entire life changed after that.  I have to worry about me for a change.  I'm happy to say the lymphoma is gone, but it sure wakes you up on your future.  That's for sure.  I do have to say that Ulta is a good company because I haven't placed an order from them in over a year due to no hair from chemo.  They sent me an email with a 15 dollar off coupon to start ordering with them again.  Now that I have my hair back finally, I took advantage of it and ordered shampoo, lol

I'm glad you are doing well, @Blingqueen023.  I agree that there is no sense in worrying about what we can't change.  I do like to know about things I can change though.  

I like Ulta because they don't just have high-end.  I can get Nyx and other less expensive brands.  I have been ill myself, and going to Ulta and getting new eyeshadow was a nice pick-me-up.  You know how it is...you kind of lose track of who you are, because you can't do all the things you used to, you look different and you don't feel the same.  So it's nice to put makeup on or do some other thing that makes you look or feel more like your old self again.

I hope you enjoy your "new" hair in good health!!  It must feel good to see that hair growing in, and to be able to spend more time living and less time sitting in doctors' offices and hospitals.  Smiley Happy

@mistriTsquirrel  Thank you so much!  I sure hope you're doing well also.  This getting sick stuff if for the birds.  I do have to say I like my hair better now then before the chemo.  It's come back in nice and sort of thicker then before.  I've kept it short because I got really spoiled about not not having to use a blow dryer anymore and stand in front of a mirror for a half hour doing my hair.  I can just let it air dry and run Redken Rewind thorugh it to lift and texturize it.  Take seconds.  That's great for me when I have to leave for work in the mornings.  Makes it so much easier. 

I hope you continue to do well and improve.  Glad you're happy with Ulta also.  I like ordering through them so much better then Sephora.  As you said Ulta has such a wide variety of items at all price points.  Enjoy the day today and the rest of the week. 

@Blingqueen023  Well, I wouldn't say I'm totally happy with Ulta right now, but stuff happens, and that is life.  

More importantly, I'm glad you're enjoying your new hair, are healthy and have a great outlook on life!!  I hope you will enjoy your week too.  Heart

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

I got an email this week to go get my free annual gift - a tube of IT Cosmetics Superhero mascara.

Got there only to hear "I don't think we have any of those left."  Huh?  I just got the email?  Anyway, she said she was going to find me a mascara, although a different brand.

So she produced two different ones - Neutrogena, which I can get at Walmart and a Tarte (Lights, Camera, Lashes - or something like that).  Since I've never tried Tarte I had that one, but realized when I got home that it's only a sample size (GWP, about half the full size) and it didn't have any type of security seal on it.  So I'm not too happy about using it, given it's near the eye.

So not worth bothering with; for me the closest Ulta is a half-hour drive.  This is only the second birthday gift I've ever had.  Is this the normal type of thing?  Last year it was an eye shadow, but at least it was full-size. 

Contributor

@zgirl wrote:

I am so mad! Someone hacked into my Ulta account and stole all my points.  I called Ulta and they gave me credit for my points. I had to change my email address and get a new account with Ulta. Since then, I haven't been receiving the 20% off coupons I used to receive from Ulta. I know that there is a 20% off all items at Ulta right now, and I didn't recieve one.  I have Platinum status and so I should receive one either via email or in the mail. I called Ulta and asked if they would give me a coupon code and they said they didn't have any to give out even though I should have received one because I am a Platinum member.  The customer service rep I was speaking with asked her supervisor.

I WAS planning on purchasing a lot of Christmas gifts, which I usually do, with this coupon. I find it hard to believe they couldn't give me a coupon code.  I am not happy right now! Woman Mad

I believe their security system was very lax.  Several times, I received emails that were addressed to someone else, giving point totals, store to shop at (different state than mine) etc. I sent several emails to Ulta telling them about this error and asking them to correct it, that I was not this person, and I felt it was a security concern.  They assured me that they would get it fixed.  All would be well for several weeks, and then I would start getting these same ones addressed to the wrong person.  I got to the point where I was going to contact the CEO of Ulta to tell them this is a security concern, but I received an email from tech support that they believe they got it fixed.  I also just recently got the same email as others asking me to change my password.  So something did occur.

Valued Contributor

Call CS and require the cashier to “check ID” before you (or anyone else for that matter) accesses your account.