Valued Contributor

BM TSV vs IT Celebration foundation (powder)?

I am wondering how these two products compare.  What do you think?

Super Contributor

Re: BM TSV vs IT Celebration foundation (powder)?

Personally, I prefer BM hands down. It's invisible, doesn't wear off, is sweat proof (and I sweat!) I think it's just beautiful. I've ordered IT several times (I don't know why), and I always end up sending it back. It looks powdery, the color is always off, it wipes off, the bronzer is matte and ashy (and orange based). I will stick will to  Laura Geller (the cleanest in the compact) or BM from now on. I am tan skinned, btw.

Respected Contributor

BM orginal has bismuth, it can cause itching & breakouts, IT powder doesn't have that ingredient...I use the IT powder in the black case.

Valued Contributor

@kitcat51

Thank you for that info. I have acne prone skin.

Trusted Contributor

@Sameolmollysmama wrote:

Personally, I prefer BM hands down. It's invisible, doesn't wear off, is sweat proof (and I sweat!) I think it's just beautiful. I've ordered IT several times (I don't know why), and I always end up sending it back. It looks powdery, the color is always off, it wipes off, the bronzer is matte and ashy (and orange based). I will stick will to  Laura Geller (the cleanest in the compact) or BM from now on. I am tan skinned, btw.

I agree. Bare Minerals is way better than IT foundation.  Covers and looks better on.

Frequent Contributor

BM user for life!  I've tried IT Cosmetics but just don't care for it.  BM is so easy to use and covers really well.  I have some small broken capillary veins on my checks and chin (they purple to red in color).  BM covers right over them - I don't even need to use consealer!  I've never had any skin issues at all with BM and sometimes fall asleep with my makeup still on and never worry about it when I wake up especially since it's really good for your skin.

Super Contributor

I love my BM collection.   LOL  I have to order TSV on auto Delivery.   

I have not been happy with IT products. 

I'll stick BM.  I'm in my 60's and very picky.  

Valued Contributor

I've tried both and also strongly prefer BM. With a light hand and sufficient buffing (and use the mineral veil, it really does perfect) it really looks like you have perfect skin, and lasts all day. I used BM when I had my monthly breakouts and BM was the only product that adhered to the pimples, didn't flake or look bad, didn't aggregate my acne and lasted all day. It actually calmed my skin. Just use a light hand, you can build up and you can spot apply additional to blemishes with a small brush.

I put my BM away, had not used it in over a year, and pulled it out today and it also works beautifully on my post menopausal skin. I'm not allergic to bismuth so no itching for me. Those little tubs last forever too.
Respected Contributor

The bismuth drove me nuts with the itching.  Not for me.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

I love the BM. Other powder like foundations are always too drying on me. I can only wear BM during the summer as an all over foundation though. I do, however, always use BM Bisque on my nose where I have some redness and pores that catch liquid foundation. I first use a translucent finishing powder and then the Bisque then another light dusting of translucent powder. This hides pores better than any liquid foundation can. I use the IT Celebration foundation on the rest of my face. Sometimes I mix my foundation with a facial oil just to make it spread better in the winter time. It also works to use a facial oil on my skin before applying foundation. It also keeps my skin from looking dry later on.

If I feel like I need some extra coverage I can press a little bit of BM foundation or Bisque onto the skin with a sponge to cover those areas then blend it out a little. BM products are really versatile. I can never get a liquid concealer alone to cover certain skin spots.I don't know what I would do without Bisque.