Frequent Contributor

I am so mad! Someone hacked into my Ulta account and stole all my points.  I called Ulta and they gave me credit for my points. I had to change my email address and get a new account with Ulta. Since then, I haven't been receiving the 20% off coupons I used to receive from Ulta. I know that there is a 20% off all items at Ulta right now, and I didn't recieve one.  I have Platinum status and so I should receive one either via email or in the mail. I called Ulta and asked if they would give me a coupon code and they said they didn't have any to give out even though I should have received one because I am a Platinum member.  The customer service rep I was speaking with asked her supervisor.

I WAS planning on purchasing a lot of Christmas gifts, which I usually do, with this coupon. I find it hard to believe they couldn't give me a coupon code.  I am not happy right now! Woman Mad

Respected Contributor

How does someone steal points?

Frequent Contributor

Some how they hacked into my account and went to an Ulta in Las Vegas (I live in North Carolina) and used my points to purchase items. I was saving my points to purchase an expensive item and had more than $500 worth of points. 

Honored Contributor

I can understand why they don't pass out coupon codes. I don't know of any business that would. There is too much risk of abuse by their employees handing them out willy nilly to friends and relatives.  I worked for a major retailer in phone sales and we weren't permitted to give out coupon codes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Wouldn't they need you name and address to hack into your account

@zgirl wrote:

Some how they hacked into my account and went to an Ulta in Las Vegas (I live in North Carolina) and used my points to purchase items. I was saving my points to purchase an expensive item and had more than $500 worth of points. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I received an e-mail from Ulta a few weeks ago.  They suggested I change my password,which I did.  Now that I hear your story,I am wondering if there was more hacking done than just your account. People need to do something constructive with their lives.  This hacking is out of control.  

Honored Contributor

@zgirl,  Call and ask for a manager.  This is one thing I do that you may want to do if you are not doing - don't leave any credit card nos. on file (even though the numbers are block out except the last 4).  I don't want anyone holding my card numbers..  So sorry that happened to you -- it's a pain.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@2zbeach wrote:

I received an e-mail from Ulta a few weeks ago.  They suggested I change my password,which I did.  Now that I hear your story,I am wondering if there was more hacking done than just your account. People need to do something constructive with their lives.  This hacking is out of control.  

I received the same e mail and changed my PW. 

For those interested, Kohl’s recently sent out an e mail saying to change your PW.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I also got an email from Ulta suggesting I change my password, but without explaining why.  As I was on vacation and at a hotel using their wi-fi, I didn't do anything about it.

I agree with the comment about the hackers - you'd think they could find something more constructive to do with their lives than simply steal and damage other people's lives.  Clearly, they have the tech expertise to get a decent job!

I haven't had anything from Kohl's about changing my password, but I'll keep a lookout for it.  It's a good habit though to change your passwords regularly.  A pain, I know, but unfortunately in today's world, it's only self-defense.

Esteemed Contributor

I got an e-mail from them saying they had changed my password, with the new temporary password included.  I was annoyed that they changed my password without my consent, and I sent an e-mail to customer service.  I asked them why they changed it, and told them I thought they had a duty to inform me if they had been hacked and my information was compromised.  They sent me a response saying that passwords had to meet their new requirements, and it was a policy change they enacted for the security of their customers. 

They were hacked, and when I asked them if they were hacked, they decided to send me a b.s. reply instead of giving me an answer to my question.  Kind of ****** me off.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org