Contributor

What do you use as a moisturizer over the Tazorac? Can I use hyaluronic acid serum?  Or what do you recommend?   Thanks

Contributor

Hi there, I've been using Tazorac for years. You can apply moisturizer over it but I was told by my derm to wait like 30 mins after Tazorac application to apply moisturizer. 

Frequent Contributor

I use .025 tretinion cream mixed with my moisturizer.  This is called "buffering".  I do it this way because I can't put it straight on my skin without redness and irritation.  You should definitely moisturize after you put on your Tazorac treatment.  You may even need a richer moisturizer at night to compesate for the dryness associated with these types of retinoids.  It takes some trial and error to see what types of moisturizers your skin needs.   I do not use creams with any other "active" ingredients when using retinoids.  Just a basic moisturizer with not too many ingredients.  Stay away from any "acids".

Frequent Contributor

I use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream.  It mixes well with my Tretinoin cream and I do not get any redness from this combination.