Respected Contributor

I wrote to the Beekman Boys to see if they would take mineral  oil out of their products, and questioned why some of their products were being touted as having great benefits due to goat's milk, yet it was the very last ingredient.   I got several replies from them.

1.   They are currently  working very hard to come out with MINERAL OIL FREE formulas.

2.   They mentioned that they powder the goat's milk first and mix it into their formuals very liberally.  The reason it's listed as the last ingredient in many of their lotions,  is because the order in which ingredients are listed goes strictly by weight.  

I let them know that I would share this good news with everyone on the QVC Beauty Boards who loves their products.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info. I personally don't have an issue with mineral oil in products but I also don't really use their body lotions unless it comes in a kit so to me, it wasn't a big deal. I was also never bothered by the position of goats milk- I just know my hubby loves the bars and that is a true testament to their quality since now I don't have to keep looking for new soaps to try!

Honored Contributor

Thx for letting us know of their replies. I don't really care for the petro products. I had a problem with my skin on my face & ended up using Aveeno Ezcema Therapy which has petrolatum in it. It's the only thing that has helped what's going on with my face.

Honored Contributor

Re: BEEKMAN NEWS

[ Edited ]

Hi, Happy Daze Do you think Beekman is reformulating their hand washes? After they changed the hand cream to the body lotion formula & have not had the hand washes in stock for quite some time. I thought maybe the reason is reformulation. I think it's strange they did not offer them during their anniversary shows. I only have 1 bottle left. 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for sharing the info with us. It's good to know that they listen and respond to their customers. 

I am mainly in it for the soap bars and wipes. I'm not a big fan of the liquid soaps or lotions. If they're in a kit, I'll use them, but don't like them enough to buy as a stand alone item. The Iris and Aloe does really smell good, though. 

Now if if they would just take the menthol out of their lip balms.  Love the smooth and soothing texture of it  but can't deal with the menthol. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

Thanks for sharing the info with us. It's good to know that they listen and respond to their customers. 

I am mainly in it for the soap bars and wipes. I'm not a big fan of the liquid soaps or lotions. If they're in a kit, I'll use them, but don't like them enough to buy as a stand alone item. The Iris and Aloe does really smell good, though. 

Now if if they would just take the menthol out of their lip balms.  Love the smooth and soothing texture of it  but can't deal with the menthol. 

Not all of them contain menthol! The apricot honey tea, grapefruit, and wondermint do not. But I agree, wish they'd take it out of the others because I can't do the tinted ones. Since one of them is a doctor, you'd think they'd know better to include it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

Hi, Happy Daze Do you think Beekman is reformulating their hand washes? After they changed the hand cream to the body lotion formula & have not had the hand washes in stock for quite some time. I thought maybe the reason is reformulation. I think it's strange they did not offer them during their anniversary shows. I only have 1 bottle left. 

@Nightowlz@ please remember to include the @ notification in your post or else I may miss your question. Smiley Happy I almost didn't see it.

Oh gosh if you mean the brown bottled ones, I really Hope not!!! But you are right, they have been mia for awhile now and that is never a good sign. I will be soooo disappointed if they do since these are the best hand soaps I have found- no more dry, chapped hands!! Now you have me worried. Smiley Sad I've been using them exclusively for over a year now!

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz@ please remember to include the @ notification in your post or else I may miss your question. Smiley Happy I almost didn't see it.

Oh gosh if you mean the brown bottled ones, I really Hope not!!! But you are right, they have been mia for awhile now and that is never a good sign. I will be soooo disappointed if they do since these are the best hand soaps I have found- no more dry, chapped hands!! Now you have me worried. :

@HappyDaze@Nightowlz...  why don't you send them a note.  They are very receptive to comments and suggestions,   and replied fairly quickly.
Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze, thanks for the info. I would love to see multi packs of the menthol free lip balms. The price to buy one individual lip balm plus shipping is a little high. I didn't realize any of them were tinted, which ones are tinted? Not a fan of tinted balms. 

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 good idea. I will send them an email. I've had several "conversations" with them in the past and you are right, they are very receptive. My recent request was to please include all the nutritional labels of their food products since many of us have some kind of dietary restriction or limit that we follow  (sodium intake, fat, etc) and need to know what their products contain before we order. I see now they've at least added the ingredients on their website but still don't see the rest of the nutritional info but they said they'd take that request to their next meeting. I hope they eventually do!