Honored Contributor

Mally's Poreless Face Defender - My AD was cancelled!

NO!!! This is the one product I wear every single day and will not be without. I've been receiving it on AD for a little over 4 years. Now after the last shipment I noticed it says "completed." Anyone else? The only thing I can think of is it's being "reformulated" by her new company. Maybe it will reappear in a "bigger and better" version that won't work as well! Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

Re: Mally's Poreless Face Defender - My AD was cancelled!

Just looked up my A.D. and it also says complete. I think they should of sent us some kind of notice. I loved that product.

Respected Contributor

I feel your pain🤕.  I have been picking up backups for awhile because it all but disappeared recently. I suspect  that it is either going to be reformulated or come out in a smaller size, like the new version that has color.  I love this product and I don't think there are any dupes for it. You can still find it at Ulta, including in a kit for $39. I hate to say it, but I have a feeling that "when it's gone, it's gone."

Contributor

Try Eve Pearl's Invisible Finishing Powder. Not exactly the same, but has a similar consistency. The QVC product comes with a brush and a small sponge.

Honored Contributor

They had a good deal on it a few days ago at ULTA. I picked up 2 because I am concerned it might disappear or be "improved" by new management.

Honored Contributor

oh no @beach-mom, your worst fear! I'd say one of two things (or both)- they are refomulating it or they want to raise the price (or same price but smaller amount). I hope they don't mess with a good thing though- this is one of the few things I actually like and use of Mally's.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh no!  I love this product.  

I've seen several similar products, Skinn has one, but honestly Mally's is better.  

Valued Contributor

I bought two back ups when Mally sold her company, but I've tried the Cover Girl product similar to it to find a future alternate. Sorry to say, it's not as good. I felt it was too moist or gummy, but read a lot of good reviews on it so it works for some. I've read Revlon makes one, too, but I haven't tried it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SavvyChic wrote:

I bought two back ups when Mally sold her company, but I've tried the Cover Girl product similar to it to find a future alternate. Sorry to say, it's not as good. I felt it was too moist or gummy, but read a lot of good reviews on it so it works for some. I've read Revlon makes one, too, but I haven't tried it. 

Sadly though none of those brands are cruelty free so they aren't even an option for those of us that don't use cruelty free brands. Hopefully mally isn't going to change the formula!

ETA: I see it is OOS on her website too...

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom just out of curiosity, how much were you paying for it on the AD?