Honored Contributor

Re: Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydration Firming Serum

On 3/10/2014 MarthainMD said:

Well, I emailed TATCHA over the weekend asking where their algae is harvested and here is their reply:

Thank you so much for reaching out, and your question about radiation. Victoria, our founder, was pregnant when formulating the line and it is our utmost priority to ensure that every ingredient in our line is safe for use.

Our Okinawan red algae is harvested from a lagoon in Okinawa, a small collection of islands at the southernmost tip of Japan. The nuclear incident took place in Fukushima, nearly 1,500 miles northeast - approximately the distance between New York City and western Kansas. Further, the amount of radiation that continues to be written about in the headlines is less than the radioactive isotopes in a banana, and carried by currents northeast, away from Okinawa.

Still, to ensure the safety of our products, we run standard testing protocol, including testing for radiation before they leave Japan. Once they arrive here, the products have to clear the Food and Drug Administration, the U.S. authority tasked with ensuring the safety of all imports. With all this testing, we have never encountered an issue with radiation.

Thank you again for reaching out with your concern, and if you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Please do know that your happiness is our highest priority, and we are happy to help in any way possible.

Sorry about the tiny print, I pasted this from their email and couldn't change the font.

I don't use any of their products, but I am impressed with the thoroughness of their reply. And I agree that the headlines have been somewhat hysterical.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

I wasn't even sure I'd get an answer but they did give a very thorough one. Now I would be more confident trying some of their products.

Frequent Contributor

So appreciate it when a company directly responds to concerns. Thumbs up for Tatcha!

Trusted Contributor

I love the personal reply! BTW, we have quite a big military presence (and families) in Okinawa. If there was any issue there we would know by now.
#IAmTeamWen
Esteemed Contributor

Allergic to gold, and I dont want alcohol on my skin either, so guess this product is not for me. Love the presentations and have actaully considered trying, will stick with Algenist.

Contributor

Hello,

all I will say about TATCHA is that I LOVE all the products that I am using and they are:

The oil and rice powder

The brightening serum

The hydrating serum

The eye cream and ageless face cream

(In addition I use : PC BHA 4% once a week, Dr.Denese pads to exfoliate daily, Refissa /retinoic acidevery other day, Obagi hydroquinone daily and a couple of masks here and there once a week.)

My skin loves TATCHA. I think that since I introduced TATCHA my skin is smoother and brighter, NOT FLAKEY AND NOT NEARLY AS DRY.

my experience...

Contributor

Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydration Firming Serum

I am wondering why there is only one product review. I purposely went on wait list - to give it a chance to get some reviews - is anyone having success with this - it's a lot of money - if it not?