Honored Contributor

THINKING EVEN A BIT OF GOING GREY?

TSV Grey Wig! I tried one on before making my final decision to go natural. If you have an inch or more of grey roots, give it a shot and see how it looks. Returnable!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: THINKING EVEN A BIT OF GOING GREY?

@Shanus 

ITA.  Salt & pepper here and I am SO glad esp in times such as this.  Fortunately, the grey is platinum as opposed to brassy.  No need for purple shampoos. 

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@Shanus 

ITA.  Salt & pepper here and I am SO glad esp in times such as this.  Fortunately, the grey is platinum as opposed to brassy.  No need for purple shampoos. 

@pommom   I can deal w/o a cut. Handy enough to style my hair one way or another. Roots? Too vain to deal w/ that. I'd be nutty by now. My neighbor's been coloring her hair jet black...now has at least an inch or more of grey roots very visible. She won't even go to drugstore for meds. Has everything delivered.

Honored Contributor

A few years ago my hair was shoulder length and streaked blonde. One day while sitting in the chair,I decided to stop the coloring and have my hair cut short----very short.

Haven't regretted it. BUT NOW I REALLY NEED A HAIR CUT AND SO DOES DH!!!

Trimmed my bangs and they look ok,but.......

DS told me to have DH use a bowl and cut my hair or use our dog clippers. I said no to either idea. 

Another thought: when this is over the wait lists will be long.

Forgot to add I let it go grey. So now it looks grey streaked. And I like it.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@pommom   Can't pinpoint my color. It's silver mixed with mostly white. The silver is the part that hasn't gone all white yet. The whiter shade is from hair line to crown to 1/2 down the back and then mixes w/ silver. The purple shampoo makes it look kinda blue. Stylist told me to use a clarifying shampoo once a month to get out all styling products, buildup. I just use the original drugstore Neutrogena Carifying Shampoo. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

Off topic, but just had to share.

Found 3 lovely lilac/purple e/s.  One is still out for delivery.  Can't wait to play with them.  Did wear a couple the day I went to my friends to pick up a homemade mask.  Of course, we kept our distance (wore gloves).  They looked lovely on my lids!

You were SO helpful and spot on with your recs.  My DD, who loves m/u, said she had wanted to recommend those very shades a long time ago, but was hesitant.  Didn't want to offend.  Told her I'm always open to suggestions.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1  The friends of mine who formed a support group and went grey together have called each other to say it's been a lifesaver in this situation. 

I'm wondering if all of us (men included) unable to get haircuts wil emerge liking longer hair and go back to that 70's Travola look. 

Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@Shanus 

Off topic, but just had to share.

Found 3 lovely lilac/purple e/s.  One is still out for delivery.  Can't wait to play with them.  Did wear a couple the day I went to my friends to pick up a homemade mask.  Of course, we kept our distance (wore gloves).  They looked lovely on my lids!

You were SO helpful and spot on with your recs.  My DD, who loves m/u, said she had wanted to recommend those very shades a long time ago, but was hesitant.  Didn't want to offend.  Told her I'm always open to suggestions.

@pommom   Oh, you're so welcome. Three decades doing makeup and I really miss it. So happy you're enjoying the shades I recommended. Available for more online assistance. 😜

Super Contributor

@Shanus  I'm seriously considering not dyeing hair, continuing graying, getting hair cut a bit shorter into a 'modern' layer style; I've already chopped off 7 inches from hip length.

It's not the end of the world to go grey if you want, I like the ease, and as DH says: ' You can always put in those blonder stripes to break up the gray.'

Honored Contributor

@Maestra1 wrote:

@Shanus  I'm seriously considering not dyeing hair, continuing graying, getting hair cut a bit shorter into a 'modern' layer style; I've already chopped off 7 inches from hip length.

It's not the end of the world to go grey if you want, I like the ease, and as DH says: ' You can always put in those blonder stripes to break up the gray.'

@Maestra1   Gosh! Hair is hip length? Just looked down where MY hip is!!! I just could not handle that much hair...even washing it and waiting for my curls to dry. How do you wear it? Just a suggestion, but one of the friends who went grey with me had hair to the middle of her back.

Once the grey grew out to reach into a high pony or loose bun, she was home free with no short haircut. It looked fine all grey and the ponytail wrapped into bun w/ some grey and other shades of lighter brown. Eventually she cut her hair to shoulder length to get rid of all damaged hair caused by coloring, highlights and is now all grey and loving it.