Trusted Contributor

Consult Health Persistence Antibacterial Antimicrobial Hand Sanitizer 7oz

[ Edited ]

$ 29.95 with $4.99 s/h - They said it continues to kill up to 4 hours after putting it on. This must be new. 

Hand Sanitizer Benefits

• Active ingredient - Benzalkonium Chloride 0.13%
  • Purpose - Antimicrobial and First Aid Antiseptic
  • Offers extended protection - Benzalkonium Chloroide was tested to reduce 99.9% of Salmonella enterica, Escherichia coli and MRSA for up to four hours
  • Formulated without alcohol, triclosan, or fragrance
  • Tough on germs and gentle on skin
  • Light watery foam consistency

Ingredients

Active ingredient: Benzalkonium Chloride 0.13%. Inactive Ingredient: Ionized water, Carbamide

cbsan.jpg

Valued Contributor

Re: Consult Health Persistence Antibacterial Antimicrobial Hand Sanitizer 7oz

I read up on the ingredient Benzalkonium Chloride and what it said was that it was not effective preventing COVID19.  I believe you need the alcohol and this product does not have that in it.  Read up on it but this is what I found.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like he's trying to cash in on the sanitizer need.  Anything for a buck says the good Dr. and his annoying spouse.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@BdBettyB 

When I read the description it included cuts, scrapes, lacerations, etc.

You may want to email your question to them at ShopHQ if they still offer this service 

Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Sounds like he's trying to cash in on the sanitizer need.  Anything for a buck says the good Dr. and his annoying spouse.

They both are annoying and have always given the impression of anything for a buck.
Isomers (another skin care company) said on air that their govt(Canda) has asked the to suspend production of skin care and focus on disinfectants.
Honored Contributor

It's easy to make your own hand sanitizer.

5 cups water

1 to 1.5 capfuls of bleach.

Put in a spray bottle or jar or whatever.

Yes, bleach is tough on hands.  But this is not all about me.  It's about protecting myself from passing the virus on to anyone I run into when I walk or have groceries delivered or spray a package before I open it.  Use lotion on your hands.

Super Contributor

The CDC website addresses Benzalkonium Chloride.  Only effective with ethanol and not recommended for COVID.  I can't believe the good Dr. is trying cash in on this pandemic.  He is a doctor and should be out in the trenches instead of trying to rip people off.  He makes a lot of health claims with his products and I wonder why the FDA has not issued warning letters to him.  I can't believe the prices on his products.  No different than other vitamin brands but five times the cost.  Gotta love that he is always in scrubs like that makes him more believable. 

Super Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

I read up on the ingredient Benzalkonium Chloride and what it said was that it was not effective preventing COVID19.  I believe you need the alcohol and this product does not have that in it.  Read up on it but this is what I found.

True.  It's described on the CDC website.

Super Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Always on the shopping channel in scrubs.  I guess he thinks it makes him more believable.  We have a shortage of doctors and healthcare personnel in this crisis.  Why is he not out helping patients?  Instead he is busy price gouging.  Shameful. 

Honored Contributor

OMG--those people will try to make a buck on anything---kind of despicable to me--I'll go to my local distillery and give them a donation for their sanitizer before padding the Debrows bank acct.    Woman Sad