Occasional Contributor

Re: Sweating Drops Progress Report

Thank you for posting about the drops. I can't believe I'm so excited to get it in the mail and try it! Good luck and good health to everyone. 

Esteemed Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@monicakm  I love this group too!   I can't imagine how many people really deal with this when I see how many chimed in on this small group. 

It's awful how many doctors poo poo this problem, other problems also.  Having injuries they can't fix, I've found many, most doctors ( in Fla) are so dismissive, just because they don't have the answer to things, they minimize just so you don't mention it again to them.

I've never met one that said "I don't know", big egos, and I've been to plenty for my issues.  If they don't have an answer for your problem, it's all in you head! 

Monica, you're so brave to mention you suffer from this, even though we're all anonymous here.

@decaf I so agree with you that I wish doctors would be more upfront with us and tell us to find someone else.  Years ago i had a fairly common diagnosis that was very painful to me, my friends that had the condition had surgery, but my doctor kept just giving me prescription after prescription with no or bad results (he had me try each treatment for 6 months or so).  After 3 years of this I confronted him and asked, why couldn't I just have surgery that had worked for so many others and he said that my surgery would be very complex, though it would be simple for other patients.  I was livid.  He was basically admitting he didn't have the skill to treat me and had been fooling with me for years.  This was at a time I was not earning a lot of money.  I changed my insurer to a more expensive one that allowed out of network and saved my pennies for an expensive surgery.  I found a doctor that specialized in this in doctor guides (this was late 1990s), these diificult case doctors don't take insurance.  I was able to have the surgery a couple of years later, but in the meantime I endured enormous pain.  I took Advil, but the maximum dosages were not sufficient to alleviate my pain.  That was my thirties, and I never got those years back.

Esteemed Contributor

@lil spot Thanks for sharing. ❤️❤️❤️  Another poster mentioned glycopyrrolate but she couldn't tolerate the side effects.  Your sharing your experience gives those of us suffering something else to check out.  Were you sweating from the head, or all over?

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing @judsey!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sweating Drops Progress Reportate

@Jk9 Nice to see you posting again.  I suffer from severe sweating from the head, the scalp really, and was wondering if you had botox in the scalp in addition to the forehead?  How did that work out?  Do you get any insurance coverage for this?

I was also wondering about the Oxybutynin for the sweating.  Are you still taking?  You take it plus the botox and the glycopyrrolate?

Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe  Oh my, what you went through was a nightmare. That is so, so sad, you needlessly suffered in horrible pain when you didn't have to. These awful doctors, most of them think they're gods. And you lost those years for no good reason, being well and enjoying life.

I feel the same. I was seriously injured in 2008, I've lived in pain since. I've been to at least 20-25 different doctors.  It took me a while to catch on to the game, I was naive. They promised they could help me, they just wanted to milk my insurance as long as they could, then they cut me loose, usually sending me off to one of their good doctor friends. I was helping them more than they were helping me!  Cymbalta was one of the many drugs they had me try, none really helped. 

When someone goes through what you or I have, you can't help but become cynical about the medical profession. I believe I have PTSD from my accident, it was severe trauma and I pretty much, in my mind, had attributed the heavy scalp sweating to either that or one of the rx medicines I had taken, I wasn't sure which. From this thread, I'm sure it's from the cymbalta. Yes, a bad drug.

I hope we're all feeling better we're not alone with this, I know I am, it would be amazing if we can find something to give us relief. 

Esteemed Contributor

@decaf I hope you find some relief.  I did get better after surgery and had a good 15+ years.  After recovering from surgery, every morning I would wake up and the first thing I did was thank God that I was not in pain, because that is all I had known for so long.  But that lost time did affect the rest of my life.  

I hope that we can recover from our current ailments.  I know now that physicians don't really know what is going on, they only find out when things work out.  So we keep looking until something works.  Hopefully we find relief and can start another good period.  That is my hope.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  Got my bottle today and can't wait to see if it works for me.  It will be wonderful if I can make it thru the grocery store without dripping sweat half way through.

I'll let you and others know!

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh 

Isn't that just SO embarrassing!  When someone says something about it or I see that they've noticed, I always say it's medication.  I hope it works for you.  It took 2 days for it to start working and it worked for one day.  Then another week for it to start working again and this is day 2 of not sweating.  That's not 100% true tho.  When I've been outside twice in two days, I did get hot (the feel like temp is way over 100) and sweat but it was greatly reduced and I cooled right down as soon as I got in the house.  Just don't give up.  You can call Progressive Labs and ask if they know about how long it's supposed to take to work.  I'm once again sitting in my office without the ceiling fan or a small desk fan.  

Super Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@lil spot Thanks for sharing. ❤️❤️❤️  Another poster mentioned glycopyrrolate but she couldn't tolerate the side effects.  Your sharing your experience gives those of us suffering something else to check out.  Were you sweating from the head, or all over?

@NYCLatinaMe  You're welcome. I'm glad to share as I know how horrible this was to deal with.

I was sweating from the head and neck...a lot! Woman Frustrated

By the way, my insurance covers this medicine.