Honored Contributor

Re: Sweating Drops Progress Report

@decaf 

Thank you again Smiley Happy  You're so kind.  I've learned I have to be my own advocate.  Drs are too busy and rushed.  I do my research before going to the Dr.  Some of them have said "stay off of Google", most applaud me for being pro-active.  I'm not going to go to a Dr that won't LISTEN to me.  Yes, they're the experts but if they aren't willing to LISTEN to me, I'll find another Dr.  Case in point, the clinic we go to has a Dr that I find to be totally dismissive, doesn't like women and has a God complex.  It's in my chart to NEVER have him see me as a patient again...EVER!  

Super Contributor

Ladies, may I jump into this conversation? I've suffered with excessive sweating, also known as Hyperhidrosis for nearly 3 years until I sought relief. It was recommended I see a dermatologist. He diagnoised me with hyperhidrosis.

He immediately prescribed glycopyrrolate. This is the generic to Rubinol Forte. He started me on 2mg, take one tablet four times a day.

At the time, I lived in FL where it was hot, muggy and steamy. A few years ago, I moved to the mountains of TN. I now take only one tablet in the morning and one tablet after dinner. The only side effect I have noticed is when I miss taking my tablet by a few hours, I can feel a little, teeny, tiny bit dizzy. Dry mouth doesn't effect me too much and beats the alternative.

This has been a miracle for me. No more embarrassing sweats where folks think I'm having a heart attack - that's how bad they were. My tablets are about $12 a month ( I still get #120 tablets a month in case I need to take an extra tablet if I'm going to be in extreme heat)

As best as I can remember, it took about 2 weeks to completely start working. I know how debilitating this is and if my experience can help someone, then it's worth telling my story.

Honored Contributor

@lil spot 

Thank you for jumping in Smiley Happy  I'm sorry you also have this medical issue but I'm glad you're willing to speak up and offer yet another option.  I'm going to save all this info in case I need it at some point.  Mountains of TN would beat the pants off FL for me ANY day Smiley Happy  Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

Sweat check-in Smiley Happy

I'm freezing!  DH usually has the temp on 74 but he forgot tonight and it's on 75.  If he gets up and turns the AC to 74., I'll have to break out the heating pad.  I'm going to have to get out an extra blanket as it is Smiley Happy  My day has been so calm, peaceful and pleasant.  Brushed the Dingo outside late afternoon (west side of the house).  Yes. my face had some moisture on it but I wasn't a furnace and sweating all over.  Quickly cooled off when I got in the house.  Wanted to stay outside on the patio.  DH said I was nuts! lol  Life is good.  To those of you who are going to try these drops, it's taken 10 days for me to accomplish today's cool-down.

Frequent Contributor

I spray Magnesium salt spray on the soles of my feet for leg cramps. Magnesium is good for handling stress, as well as B vitamins.

Occasional Contributor

When the doc said that to me I came to a conclusion that I have to find what is best for me and he would dismiss me no matter what. Since I am overweight (always have been but the sweating thing only started about 3 years ago), they (doctors) assume it's always weight related. It's a bit cynical, but I know now from now on that I have to do my own research and try things OTC to resolve issues that greatly affect me like the excessive sweating. I do sometimes get leg cramps, so I certainly appreciate the recommendation. Thank you. 

Occasional Contributor

Cymbalta was exactly what started my sweating a few years ago and even though I no longer take it, the excessive sweating never went away. It's a horrible drug (in my opinion). 

Respected Contributor

Re: Sweating Drops Progress Reportate

@lil spot I have taken glycopyrrolate for over 20 years and it helps me some but not enough.  I can take 4 or more per day and usually try to lower that dose and just add in one pill when I know I will be out and about in heat.  It is one medication that hasn't lost its effectiveness over the years. The big problem for me using it is that it dries out my mucous membranes and I can't talk because my mouth gets so dry.  I keep lots of mouth wetting lozenges in hand and use the Act products.  My eyes are another problem and I use refresh drops frequently.  Ophthalmologist also put me on Restasis (expensive).  It is interesting that our bodies react so differently to medications, skin care and lots of other things. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@judsey 

I drink magnesium every evening.  I didn't know about a spray.  

I'm ordering another bottle of D82 today.

Honored Contributor

@Zoe1833 

It has been incredible to read of all the ladies here to have the same issue Smiley Surprised  And even the Cymbalta similarities.  I hope and pray all of you get relief.  I'm still cool as a cucumber Smiley Happy  Just swallowed my first dose of the day.