Honored Contributor

I know choosing a scent is very subjective, and I rarely take a chance on one without first trying it. Having said all that I tried Philosophy's Pure Grace Tropical Summer after reading a glowing review. It is not light and summery, it is strong and overpowering. I'm going to toss it, and it is an expensive lesson. The person who wrote the review wanted to bathe in it, so , who knows ? 🤷‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Strong and Obnoxious Scent

@QVCkitty1   Do you have a buy  nothing group near you? Maybe offer it up as a gift as someone else might love to have it.  

One man's trash is another man's treasure.❤️

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@QVCkitty1   Do you have a buy  nothing group near you? Maybe offer it up as a gift as someone else might love to have it.  

@SeaMaiden , Your right, I can't imagine anyone liking it, but that's why there are so many different scents, something for everyone. I'll ask around.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I happen to LOVE Tropical Summer.  I'll take it!! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

By the way , Has anyone tried the Tova perfume  ?  Amy Stran says she wears it and  likes the scent . The Rep Tova B  has a very interesting way she has dyed her hair . I prefer to smell scents before buying , so am wondering who on the boards have tried her scent ?

Super Contributor

Any scent will smell differently; our body chemistry differs from one person to the next.

Honored Contributor

@10000Nicknames wrote:

I happen to LOVE Tropical Summer.  I'll take it!! Heart

@10000Nicknames , Oh I wish I could get it to you !

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

I've tried Tova and I did like it. I bought it a few times. It is a fresh clean scent but does have some staying power which I like. I enjoy the smell of fragrence and wear it as much for me as anyone. I am not fond of any Philosophy scents that disappear within an hour! If am paying good money for something I want the scent to last~! But that is me~

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden  - what is a Buy Nothing group?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1    You may want to keep it.  I take any perfumes I have that I don't like and turn them into "poo poori".  Just spray some in the toilet and flush and the bathroom smells fresh.  I have a swing lid wastebasket in my bathroom and I often take my old perfumes and spray inside.... then swing the lid....Instant bathroom air freshener!!