Honored Contributor

Re: Strong and Obnoxious Scent

@bcherry01 wrote:

Any scent will smell differently; our body chemistry differs from one person to the next.

@bcherry01 , I know and buying scent without smelling it is a gamble. I just don't like it on me and it really lasts unfortunately.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1   If you want something light look at Brown Sugar by fresh with a hint of lemon.  Here are the ingredients.  You can usually tell if you will like by the what is in each Note.  That's I purchased it.

The scent that made fresh famous, Sugar Eau de Parfum features an utterly addictive blend of zesty citruses, soft florals, and sweet gourmand notes. Top Notes:  lemon, Brazilian sweet orange, bergamot Middle Notes:  jasmine petals, petitgrain, heliotrope, fresh rose Base Notes:  caramel, vanilla leaf, transparent musk “I wanted to capture the essence of sugar: Its addictive flavor. Its crystallized purity. The comfort it provides. And the nostalgia it evokes.” —Lev Glazman, fresh co-founder

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@QVCkitty1    You may want to keep it.  I take any perfumes I have that I don't like and turn them into "poo poori".  Just spray some in the toilet and flush and the bathroom smells fresh.  I have a swing lid wastebasket in my bathroom and I often take my old perfumes and spray inside.... then swing the lid....Instant bathroom air freshener!!

I do this too. Just spray around the bathroomSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@10000Nicknames wrote:

I happen to LOVE Tropical Summer.  I'll take it!! Heart

Can you describe the scent @10000Nicknames ?  Sounds interesting.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@QVCkitty1   Do you have a buy  nothing group near you? Maybe offer it up as a gift as someone else might love to have it.  

One man's trash is another man's treasure.❤️

@SeaMaiden  - what is a Buy Nothing group?

@San Antonio Gal  They are local groups near your neighborhood on Facebook  where people that offer up things for free. It can be anything pretty much except alcohol or drugs. It is great! I have both given and received

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1  You could donate it to a charity thrift shop. I have a corner in my entry closet where I stack things someone else might like. When I get a good sized pile I take it to the thrift store. They are always grateful.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 - If you bought it from QVC, why not just return it, instead of losing all your money?

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Wow, I am surprised Philosophy has such a strong scent. I never buy their brand because the lasting power is short lived. I would like it if it were a coconut with a few white florals type of scent. 

Respected Contributor

Why don't you return it?

I agree about using scents as poo pouri. I do that with Bath and Body Works scents as I find them cloying and cheap 

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@QVCkitty1 Wow, I am surprised Philosophy has such a strong scent. I never buy their brand because the lasting power is short lived. I would like it if it were a coconut with a few white florals type of scent. 

@Kabella , I can only speak for me, but it smells nothing like the description. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan