Honored Contributor

Re: Smokey eye on mature eyes?

Most older models etc will tell you as you age less is more with makeup - esp. around the eyes.Why draw attention to wrinkles ,bags and sags.

Honored Contributor

I bet you’ll look smokin’ hot! Give it a whirl. 

Honored Contributor

@Ketrawrote:

Sorry, that response for @Shanus.

@Ketra  I did reply “I haven’t”.  BTW, thank you for your service.

Shanus

Honored Contributor

I wear a smokey eye for deep eyes.  It's different for every shape.  I use this pallette.  Revlon Siren.  The perfect taupe.  So many people ask me what I use.  I use the lower L and upper R.

Image result for revlon eyeshadow palette in siren

Honored Contributor

Can I ask exactly what everyone considers a smokey eye?

I would think there would be versions of it that would work for everyone. It's not a rigid formula of exactly one set of colors with black liner, right?  Or is it?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I only wear a smokey brown eye shadow to entire lid up to brow ... but light application and no liner.   Just enough for dimension and not enough to call attention to my eyes.

Honored Contributor

@151949wrote:

Most older models etc will tell you as you age less is more with makeup - esp. around the eyes.Why draw attention to wrinkles ,bags and sags.

@151949

True ... but not all us old folks have wrinkles, bags and sags!  

Contributor

I'm 62, found some nice videos for older women on You Tube, check out applying, its all in the blending and color, I dont use alot on lower lashes. Application on lids and where to appply videos.

Esteemed Contributor

No, just not a look I want for myself. I have very smooth eyes at 64, no crows, no crepiness, etc., but I think smokey looks very unnatural, bordering on the ridiculous, even on someone much younger.  I don't care for this makeup look even in print photography.

The only place I can see this would be stage makeup so that the people in the back row can tell that the actors have eyes.

But - we all have different tastes!

Honored Contributor

Trying to figure out whether I’m laughing at saddlin’up Ol’Smokey Eye for a canter over the Eye Brow, or worrying about why someone at 49 years and 364 days CAN and someone 50 years and 1 day CAN’T.

Paint your face as you wish, get rid of all the mirrors you can find, do Good Works and be gentle to small animals and SMILE A LOT, even if you have wrinkles.