Valued Contributor

Re: Smokey eye on mature eyes?

@ECBGwrote:

I wear a smokey eye for deep eyes.  It's different for every shape.  I use this pallette.  Revlon Siren.  The perfect taupe.  So many people ask me what I use.  I use the lower L and upper R.

Image result for revlon eyeshadow palette in siren

I have this great compact, too. It is the only Revlon I own. I am always buying new shadows and they make the top drawer and others like this one get put aside. Today, I am going to make a point to choose Siren to wear.  Glad you reminded me. 😀

Honored Contributor

@Lallywrote:

@ECBGwrote:

I wear a smokey eye for deep eyes.  It's different for every shape.  I use this pallette.  Revlon Siren.  The perfect taupe.  So many people ask me what I use.  I use the lower L and upper R.

I have this great compact, too. It is the only Revlon I own. I am always buying new shadows and they make the top drawer and others like this one get put aside. Today, I am going to make a point to choose Siren to wear.  Glad you reminded me. 😀

@Lally,It just works, doesn't it?  The perfect neutral.  Since I wear so much color, colorful eye makeup would be "too much".

When I go to Walmart, if I'm low I'll pick up three.  I can't afford to run out!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I think a smokey eye on my eyelids doesn't look good because it makes my eyes look like they are receeding into my face. It also doesn't look good on me as it emphasizes crepey eyelid skin.

Try googling model Maye Musk (she's the mom of Elon). Maye is one of the current Covergirl models. She's gorgeous and rocks a head of silver hair.

From Pinterest, here is a photo of her with a smokey eye:

Image result for Maye Musk smokey eyes

Respected Contributor

Reminded me of a funny I saw recently:

Image result for smokey eye funny
Honored Contributor

These are all smokey eyes according to Google.  I'd say there's a vast difference between who could wear the first versus who could wear the other three.  (Some of the eyebrows seem overdone unless you're in fashion, perhaps.)Image result for smokey eyeImage result for smokey eyeImage result for smokey eyeImage result for smokey eye

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@TY- She's absolutely beautiful and I love her Cover Girl commercial.  Thanks for posting!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBGwrote:

@Lallywrote:

@ECBGwrote:

@Lally,It just works, doesn't it?  The perfect neutral.  Since I wear so much color, colorful eye makeup would be "too much".

When I go to Walmart, if I'm low I'll pick up three.  I can't afford to run out!Smiley Happy

Yep, it was a happy surprise for me. Someone had posted on this board about this shadow. I loved the cool toned shades so much that I bought it fully expecting to be disappointed in the quality. It isnt the best, but it works pretty well with a primer. Stays true all day. And, the price is super low. Smart you grabbing extras. 

Honored Contributor

I always smooth my eye makeup to provide a smokey look. I never wear any tight lined anything. Too harsh! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@TYwrote:

I think a smokey eye on my eyelids doesn't look good because it makes my eyes look like they are receeding into my face. It also doesn't look good on me as it emphasizes crepey eyelid skin.

Try googling model Maye Musk (she's the mom of Elon). Maye is one of the current Covergirl models. She's gorgeous and rocks a head of silver hair.

From Pinterest, here is a photo of her with a smokey eye:

Image result for Maye Musk smokey eyes

@TY  Am loving the hair and face makeup. Are you saying yay or nay to her smokey eye?

Honored Contributor

No not really --altho I do smoke out the eyeliner on the bottom and top just a little ---but not dramatically and never use anything but neutral shadows. I'm 63.  Not much into make up anymore as I am home now.