Respected Contributor

Re: Smokey eye on mature eyes?

Yes.  I still have a lot of visible lid so it works for me.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I wear it all the time; especially when using neutrals. Never with black and grey shadows. 

There are so many variations of a smokey eye. I can look at a pic and know I will never wear my shadows like that. I can at others and see exactly the placement of the shades to create what looks like a beautiful but subtle smokey eye that makes the eye look fantastic. Application is KEY when it comes to a smokey eye, as is the overall balance of the makeup worn on the face. Heavy eye; light lip. Light eye; heavy lip. At least for me, lol.

Trusted Contributor

Sad that one can’t speak their mind without worry of offending someone. I’m over 50 and your opinion positive or negative wouldn’t offend me. I fought for this country so that people can speak their mind without fear of retribution. An honest opinion will always offend someone, but being dishonest to yourself is a travesty. It’s just a makeup question! Give her an honest answer or why bother answering?

Trusted Contributor

Sorry, that response for @Shanus.

Valued Contributor

Over 70 and wear LOTS of eye makeup!!!  Who made the rules?????

Honored Contributor

I love it on others but I have never worn it. I like mascara and maybe a dark liner. I want people to look at my eyes, not my makeup. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear a smokey eye every day, no shadow on the bottom however, just black waterlining and a little mascara.  I wear it to the beach when I go once a summer also, lol.  I am 57 years old.  The way I apply it it helps lift my outer eyelid which droops a little, I look more awake.

Valued Contributor

Love the smokey eye look no matter what age.

Like others have commented, there are varying degrees of smokiness that work

on each individual.  I believe the key to wearing it, is self confidence.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

With age, I've developed a smoky eye. No application necessary. Oy vey.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Yes, I have done the smokey eye look. I have found it doesn't compliment me any longer.  I still use eyeshadow and liner but am going for a much lighter and softer look.  I guess part of it also has to do with simplifying my makeup routine.