Honored Contributor

Re: Simple human Makeup mirror.....

@PhilosophyGirl22 wrote:

Same thing happened to me 2 months ago and here's what you can expect when you call:  They will ask you to email a picture of your mirror so they can see which model you own. Then they will send you trouble shooting tips to try to "rejuice" the battery. Keep track of how long your mirror holds a charge and if it's still not satisfactory, email them again. They will send you a pre-paid shipping label to send it back and they will either repair or replace your mirror. They repaired mine (replaced the batter? I'm not sure) and I had it back in about 12 days or so. Now I'm keeping track of how many days I get on a charge again. The last charge held about 10 days and I wish it was longer! I have the travel mirror and the full sized and LOVE them both! Good luck!

@PhilosophyGirl22

Thank you! This gives me hope!

Super Contributor

willdob3: Good to know that higher magnification is available.10X is what I prefer. Not interested in a mirror made only to sit up. Takes up too much space. I have so many mirrors & none are favorites. Hard to find a great mirror.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@roster wrote:

Simple Human Makeup Mirror has you excited? I need a new makeup mirror, but this is NOT of interest. First, only 5X magnification, don't want lights, I use natural day lighting to apply makeup. Cost, expensive. Don't like a tall mirror that I can't put away. Folding is better. 

@roster

Natural lighting only works when the sun is out and you have nice big windows where you apply your makeup. I get ready for work when it is dark outside and live in an apartment with horrible lighting so the Simple Human mirror is great! And I keep it on my makeup vanity so it doesn’t need to go in a drawer. 

BTW, they do offer other magnifications. The 5x is what works for me for applying makeup, etc. 10x is overkill for me but perfect for others. 

@willdob3  The mirror I have right now is okay, but I do have to plug it in and flip a switch to turn it on. I know I will like this for the convenience of not having to plug it in. I have the Alex drawer makeup storage unit from IKEA and that’s where my mirror will sit also. 

Regular Contributor

I’ve had the 5 times magnification mirror for 5 years and absolutely love it.  No way can you always apply makeup in natural light, at least not here in gloomy New Jersey.

i also bought the 10x magnification mirror for travel and had to return it. It was great for jobs like eyebrow plucking but too much magnification for make up application.

simple Human has a great 5 year guarantee. Sometimes you just get what you pay for.

Regular Contributor

I adore my mirror.  I had my last one about 2 1/2 years.  It fell into my sink and the mirror cracked.  I actually used it cracked for a couple of weeks!!  Then, it stopped charging.  So I bought another one at Dillards and was lucky to get 20% off.  I really don't like my look magnified so much, but I can be sure that if my  eye makeup and liner look ok in the mag mirror, I will look good in the regular mirror and to everyone else.  Unlike last time, I registered it.  It's guaranteed for 5 years.

Respected Contributor

I would like to get the model that attaches to the wall and you pull it out and then push back in when done.  

https://www.simplehuman.com/wall-mount-sensor-mirror-8-inch-hard-wired-gold?redirect=no&scid=scbplpS...

I'd like it to be hooked up to my electrical outlet....hubby could do that and hard wire it in.  I don't sit to do make up I stand so having it on my side wall over my vanity would be perfect!  I am thinking a XMAS present in rose gold is coming my way this yr!

Respected Contributor

I love my simple human mirror!!!!! Bought mine from Nordstrom thus summer. Best purchase!