Respected Contributor

Simple human Makeup mirror.....

I ordered this last night. I wanted to see if anyone here owns this and if so, do you like it? TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Simple human Makeup mirror.....

@wvumountiefan

Have had mine for about 2 years and love it.  I have the big one -- 8 inches maybe?

It holds a charge for a long time and is simple to recharge when it gets low.

While I don't do that much makeup now that I'm retired, it helps me see how I really look Cat Happy

If one applies a full face of makeup, I would think it would be a blessing!

You will love it just for the convenience of having the lights come on when you need them.

Honored Contributor

Simple Human is the best brand. I've never regretted buying anything from that company. It's always more expensive, but always better designed and nicer to use day in and day out.

I don't have or need this mirror, but I wanted to endorse the company in general because it really is good.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wvumountiefan

I have had a Simple Human mirror for a few years and have loved it. But about a week ago it stopped charging. The suggestions I found online did not work so I need to contact their CS. I sure hope it can be fixed.

Super Contributor

Simple Human Makeup Mirror has you excited? I need a new makeup mirror, but this is NOT of interest. First, only 5X magnification, don't want lights, I use natural day lighting to apply makeup. Cost, expensive. Don't like a tall mirror that I can't put away. Folding is better. 

Frequent Contributor

Same thing happened to me 2 months ago and here's what you can expect when you call:  They will ask you to email a picture of your mirror so they can see which model you own. Then they will send you trouble shooting tips to try to "rejuice" the battery. Keep track of how long your mirror holds a charge and if it's still not satisfactory, email them again. They will send you a pre-paid shipping label to send it back and they will either repair or replace your mirror. They repaired mine (replaced the batter? I'm not sure) and I had it back in about 12 days or so. Now I'm keeping track of how many days I get on a charge again. The last charge held about 10 days and I wish it was longer! I have the travel mirror and the full sized and LOVE them both! Good luck!

Frequent Contributor

This one is really worth the extra cost! 

Respected Contributor

@roster wrote:

Simple Human Makeup Mirror has you excited? I need a new makeup mirror, but this is NOT of interest. First, only 5X magnification, don't want lights, I use natural day lighting to apply makeup. Cost, expensive. Don't like a tall mirror that I can't put away. Folding is better. 

To each their own, right. I also use natural daylight, but at 5 a.m. in the morning it’s kinda hard to rely on daylight.🤔🤨 

Valued Contributor

I've had one for about a year.. For those having charging problems,  I keep it on my counter facing away from me.. to keep it from turning on as often.  I've found that the charge stays longer that way.

Honored Contributor

@roster wrote:

@roster

Natural lighting only works when the sun is out and you have nice big windows where you apply your makeup. I get ready for work when it is dark outside and live in an apartment with horrible lighting so the Simple Human mirror is great! And I keep it on my makeup vanity so it doesn’t need to go in a drawer. 

BTW, they do offer other magnifications. The 5x is what works for me for applying makeup, etc. 10x is overkill for me but perfect for others.