Respected Contributor

I've been using Nick Chavez mesquite shampoo and serum and alternate with WEN.  Really like Nick's but it is $30 for a tube.  I don't use conditioner so buying sets is wasteful for me.  Looking for a drugstore brand that may be similar.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is soliciting

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl I too love Nick's Mesquite shampoo and conditioner.  If you consider the QVC price for a set of 32 ounce shampoo and conditioner is $65, the math works out to getting one regular sized tube of shampoo for free.  It would be wasteful with the conditioner unless you passed it off to a friend, but still a good deal for getting the shampoo.

As for subtitute, I can't say anything is better than Mesquite, but I have found some excellent shampoo and condtioner in the OGX line.  OGX makes all of their formulas hair type specific, so I suggest going to their brand website to get a better idea of which line in their collection would be best for you.

Respected Contributor

I have tried a lot of shampoos and just saw this reduced in Ulta on a clearance shelf.  It is Nexxus colorcare with orchid something.  It is in a pink bottle.  I dont like conditioner so I want a shampoo to not leave my hair like straw and this works.  My hair has body and shine which is something that has never happened with a shampoo.  Of course the next time I buy it, it may be completely different. 

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I've been using Nick Chavez mesquite shampoo and serum and alternate with WEN.  Really like Nick's but it is $30 for a tube.  I don't use conditioner so buying sets is wasteful for me.  Looking for a drugstore brand that may be similar.

@bargainsgirl  More info on your hair? Thin, curly, etc.? Not knowing more facts, I love the Shea Moisture line especially if you don’t use conditioner.

Honored Contributor

I use Suave  in the gold bottle

and switch right now with BioSilk 

Honored Contributor

This one has been in my bathroom for a few years now. It lathers well, leaves my hair clean without drying and has a minty smell to it. I love it so much that I buy it in a gallon-size. It's top-rated and very reasonably priced at about $7 for an 8-oz bottle. Some places even sell a 2-oz trial-size for less than $2.  Organic and CF.

GIOVANNI 

900.jpg

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl

Acure Organics is having a Mother's Day Sale on their hair products.  It's 40% off but the offer ends at noon today.

Maybe you could check out ingredients on their site and compare them to what's in your current shampoo.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I've been using Baebody shampoo and love it.  Hair is clean and super soft and silky without conditioner.  Tons of shine and body.  Very inexpensive from their site or Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl     Acure Organics has 40% off their shampoos today.  You have to spend $25 to get free shipping.  Their moisturizing shampoo is really nice,

kindness is strength