Honored Contributor

Many years ago when they came out with Pert shampoo with conditioner I bought it because when we went camping the hot water heater was only 5 gallons and by the time I washed and conditioned my hair I would have to take a cold shower. Anyway, I loved how the Pert made my hair shiny and silky soft and I started using it all the time. I've not used any other shampoo since I started using Pert about 15 or 20 years ago.I don't even have to go to the drug store to get it as they sell it at the grocery store.Inexpensive . 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Many years ago when they came out with Pert shampoo with conditioner I bought it because when we went camping the hot water heater was only 5 gallons and by the time I washed and conditioned my hair I would have to take a cold shower. Anyway, I loved how the Pert made my hair shiny and silky soft and I started using it all the time. I've not used any other shampoo since I started using Pert about 15 or 20 years ago.I don't even have to go to the drug store to get it as they sell it at the grocery store.Inexpensive . 

I remember using Pert sometime in the 90's.  I remember it being good stuff.

Valued Contributor

Re: Shampoo suggestions

[ Edited ]

I have been using Theorie hair products.  They are a high end product that many salons sell.  However, you can get them less by about $5 @Marshall's.  I found I need only a one time application of product to get my hair fully clean which justifies the price because in the long-run I use less of it.

All types of shampoos for all kinds of hair types and conditions.   

Respected Contributor

Herbal essances blue ginger micellar  shampoo I use without conditioner and like it alot.  hair feels moisterized

Respected Contributor

Honestly, I received Beekman shampoo in a kit and it is the best shampoo that I have ever used. It is expensive but I got mine in a kit. I have the Ylang, Ylang and Tuberose. I love it. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Shampoo suggestions

[ Edited ]

I just discovered an OTC shampoo and conditioner called Elvive I think.L'Oreal makes it.  I love it. It changes the texture of my wavy, curly course hair into soft and manageable. (I bought some for my niece too, as we has the same type of hair). I also love Nick Chavez's Velvet Mesquite shampoo, conditioner and serurm.