Honored Contributor

Re: Serum to use like a primer too

@Shikoba

https://www.mineralfusion.com/collections/skin-care/prime

Mineral Fusion sells a primer that feels like a silky serum.  There was a tester at our local natural foods store and I tried the hydrating primer on my hand.  I was looking at these because I bought a BB cream that just isn't working out.  Thought this primer might help.

Haven't bought one yet, but when I run out of my discontinued Lumene products I might have to. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

IT Cosmetics has two. One is called primer 50 the other is spa sensory primer. I use the second one.

Esteemed Contributor

I use it in place of my moisturizer on most days. If I am super dry then I'll use it before I put on my day cream. 

Honored Contributor

A serum used in the morning (before makeup) should be a Vit. C serum. It needs to be absorbed before the next step...moisturizer which also should dry down before SPF.

After the 3 skincare steps, that's when I proceed w/ foundation. I don't use primer, but it's applied before foundation and again allowed to absorb or dry down before foundation.

Yes, a lot of steps, but your skin will appreciate the extra care.

Contributor

Thank you all for the comments and lovely ideas!!!

Honored Contributor

@Shikoba,  You may want to look at Becca's matte foundation.  Med. to full coverage and extremely lightweight and long lasting and other benefits.  QVC has the best price or they did 2 days ago.   Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shikoba,  You may want to look at Becca's matte foundation.  Med. to full coverage and extremely lightweight and long lasting and other benefits.  QVC has the best price or they did 2 days ago.   Cat Happy

Thank you KatCat1 I will read more about this foundation. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Shikoba

You might want to take a look at Isomers High Definition Makeup Primer 300-318 on Evine.  There's a video and 70+ mostly 5 star reviews. Many, mostly are raves about this primer.

This is not treatment based per se but will lock in your underlying treatment product(s). Many others, myself included, find this brand to be gentle and effective on our skin. 

@rochelleS I really like this too!  Look at 312-441 😁. Should drop in price too on Fridays visit.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good catch @Suebdoo. I hadn't noticed this duo. Wonder what the price will be. I paid $25 for the single with AD. This 1.86 oz is stated to last 60 days. I usually get much more mileage. With Isomers a little goes a long way.Tks for the heads up! 

Have you tried this primer?

I also purchased the Pore Minimizer serum, 300 362 because many of the reviews touted this as being a fantastic primer also. Plus with the pore benefit, it sounded like another win win.

I was thinking, @Shikoba and remembered that Eve Pearl's primer has skin care benefits.  I have, use and like it. You might want to take a peek. I also picked some up on eBay. Look for sealed tubes, usually $16 ish and $31 here.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

Good catch @Suebdoo. I hadn't noticed this duo. Wonder what the price will be. I paid $25 for the single with AD. This 1.86 oz is stated to last 60 days. I usually get much more mileage. With Isomers a little goes a long way.Tks for the heads up! 

Have you tried this primer?

I also purchased the Pore Minimizer serum, 300 362 because many of the reviews touted this as being a fantastic primer also. Plus with the pore benefit, it sounded like another win win.

I was thinking, @Shikoba and remembered that Eve Pearl's primer has skin care benefits.  I have, use and like it. You might want to take a peek. I also picked some up on eBay. Look for sealed tubes, usually $16 ish and $31 here.

@rochelleS yep I really like the primer.  It's very close to Smashbox, but better IMO.  I agree that it last longer than they say.  The duo would easily last me 6-8 months .  I only use 1 pump.  I'm hoping it drops in price, and the shipping too.😀. I haven't tried tried the pore minimized.  Do you like it?  Compared to the primer?