Honored Contributor

Doesn't necessarily mean the item will work as stated.  It just means it won't injure or kill you.  It is not an endorsement.

Honored Contributor

I take the FDA approval with a grain of salt.

My thyroid medication is not FDA approved but I'm still taking it with no problems.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Doesn't necessarily mean the item will work as stated.  It just means it won't injure or kill you.  It is not an endorsement.

They say this, but I have to disagree. There are things they have aproved that have killed people or given them an injury that cannot be reversed.

Esteemed Contributor

There have been plenty of items/ingredients/etc FDA approved, but they reneged down the line. Cyclamates is one that comes to mind!

Esteemed Contributor

Those sales pitches where the vendor and hosts go on and on about the beauty tool being a Class 1 medical device as if it's some kind of FDA endorsement is silly. A Class one medical device can be bandages for goodness sake!

From the FDA website:

https://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ResourcesforYou/Consumers/ucm142523.htm

"Class I – These devices present minimal potential for harm to the user and are often simpler in design than Class II or Class III devices. Examples include enema kits and elastic bandages. 47% of medical devices fall under this category and 95% of these are exempt from the regulatory process."

Respected Contributor
Yep the FDA clears then on the container they warn you that there is a potential that it could cause CANCER!!!! Read everything on enclosed literature included in any drug you are going to take!!!!! In other countries there are way way stricter regulations on drugs. The best thing to do for your safety is to research everything!!!!! Anything that you are putting in your body or on it!!!!