Super Contributor

Any thoughts on Mally's Clear Face Defender. Would like to know what you think and if you like it where and how do you suggest to use it. She said on air its good to use as a primer before makeup and that it also helps to keep youur undereye concealer from cracking or getting those little lines under your eyes. If it does that 

i would buy it just for that as no matter what I do or how layer my concealer it forms little squigley lines under my eyes during the day so I have to carry a little brush and buff under my eyes all day. Thanks for the help

Respected Contributor

I used to love it, but now that the formula has been changed I can't use it - makes me break out all over. ☹️

Valued Contributor

I loved it too but not anymore. I think many of her formulas changed.  Her recent Face Defender accentuates my pores and fine lines. I loved Mally's Evercolor Shadow Sticks. Her new Extra Shadowsticks make my eyes itchy and burn. I noticed they are manufactured in China or Korea. I really like Smashbox Under Eye Primer. Bobbi Brown has a concealer compact with setting powder A336667. When I do all the steps, my concealer doesn't crack. Unfortunately, it's sold out. The setting powder is a sheer, finely milled powder and available with some of her other palettes. 

Respected Contributor

It was my HG product for many years but I also don't like the formula change. The ingredients remain the same but it just doesn't apply smoothly on the sponge or work quite as well. I used it instead of a finishing powder, but it did not keep my concealer from settling into fine lines. I'm back to IT Bye Bye Pores. 

Honored Contributor

Add me to the list of those who loved it before the formula changed. I've been using setting sprays this summer, and will probably switch back to Benefit's Dr. Feelgood mattifying balm when it gets cooler. That's the closest product I've found to my favorite "old" Mally Face Defender. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I was assuming this product has changed.  Now that you ladies have confirmed it, I will not order again.  I loved Mally's products, but they are no longer the same quality.  I'm glad I still have one compact of her face defender  in the old formulation.

Valued Contributor

I like the face defender for my oily t-zone, but I agree with other people - my skin breaks out on my forehead now, and it never has before. I'm still using the product, but in very light touches

Super Contributor

One more "former" fan here.  Used to love this product....but no longer!

This product has definitely changed since the sale of the company and it is highly disappointing for me.  Not sure how Mally can continue to sell this product knowing it is nowhere close to its former self.

Valued Contributor

I know WHY formulas are changed, Saving money. but if people don't like new formulas, they won't buy. I was dismayed by people saying that about the now Coty-owned Philosophy products. I was just about to buy the Amazing Grace spray but after reading reviews that the formula has changed and doesn't smell as long, I decided not to bother. They cut themselves when companies change formulas.

Honored Contributor

Add me to the long list of former fans!

The dupes I've tried aren't good & I am looking for other options.