Trusted Contributor

I am so confused as to which is my season? I look good in camel, raspberry, turquoise, blue greens. I have hazel brown/green gold eyes. I look horrible in white and black (although I love the spectator look) Rich navy also looks good on me as well. Brown the darker the less flattering it is. TIA Magpie

Honored Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67,    Are you looking for makeup tips or should this be in the Fashion category?

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Both Smiley Very Happy

Regular Contributor

Trusted Contributor

I find those pallettes confusing online. Not sure I'm autumn cecause mustard, dark brown, and "yellowish" colors don't suit me.

Honored Contributor

can you wear pastels? You sound like you might be autumn, but it's hard to know without seeing you. 

I was also really confused over my season for a long time. Then I discovered I'm a bright winter, which makes total sense because I've always looked great in black with super bright but clear saturated colors. Neon shades look great on me, but black is the dominant color in my wardrobe. 

The things I found helpful is to figure out are you high or low contrast ( I'm high contrast). 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67

You may not be in the hard and fast Warm Autumn category, but it still may be your season nonetheless.  Please know that the four main seasons of Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter have Four sub-categories now!!!!  So don't discount that you may be indeed maybe an Autumn just one of the other subsets.  Check out this link to take a closer look:  http://www.prettyyourworld.com/the-colorbreeze-seasons.html

Honored Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67 - You sound a lot like me with similar coloring! I think you might be an "autumn." It definitely sounds like you're warm complected. I've been playing with this a long time. Here is something I wrote:

You can still find people who do this. In the mid 80's my friend worked at a salon (which was in an old Victorian home) that was going to start carrying Carole Jackson's line of cosmetics. They asked me to be one of the models. A team trained by Carole Jackson was coming from Virginia to teach the stylists. That started my interest in this, and later on another friend opened her own business - and earned quite a bit of money doing this. Believe it or not, she still does! I "worked" for her too.

One thing I learned to start that might be a little helpful is this: Hold a white cloth up to your face (with no makeup on). If your face looks greyish, that is the wrong tone for you and you are probably warm toned. You will probably look better in off white. Hold an off white cloth up. If your skin looks creamy and almost candlelit, then you are warm. If your face glows with white, you're cool. I'm warm. Stark white against my face washes me out.

If you look good in the colors of the season, then you are probably that season. Generally speaking,Winters look great in jewel colors - ruby, sapphire, emerald, etc. Summers look good in clear blues, sea greens, and light pink colors. Autumns look good in the colors of leaves in autumn, and Springs look good in pastels.

Of course there are exceptions. But it's fun to play around with this! 

I have dark blonde hair, hazel eyes, and light skin. I look great in olive, gold, teal, cream, and gold jewelry (but I do wear silver). I wear a lot of black, but I try to wear a top or a scarf that is one of my colors (or I just adjust my makeup)! 

Honored Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67

I feel your pain.  I've had Carole Jackson's Color Me Beautiful on the bookshelf for decades and I still haven't figured it out.

I've always wanted to be an Autumn, but I figured I was either a Summer or a Spring.  It's tricky enough to determine if I'm "warm" or "cool!"

The Pretty Your World system is intriguing because it looks like I could be some version of Autumn after all.

How come I can look at another person and figure out their skin tone and season but can't do the same for myself?

I want to clear out my closets and donate most of what I own.  If I knew what I have long suspected -- that 99% of my wardrobe is the wrong "season" -- it would be so much easier to fill those Hefty bags.

It's almost worth it to consult a professional! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I think the four season system is too limiting and not as specificslly accurate as the 12 season system. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval