Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I think the four season system is too limiting and not as specificslly accurate as the 12 season system. 

@jaxs mom

I agree.  There has always been something in the four season system that has thrown a wrench into the mix.

A lot of detail in the 12 season system.  Like, are your eyes clear or muddy?

Something most people haven't ever considered.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Allthingsgirly67

I feel your pain.  I've had Carole Jackson's Color Me Beautiful on the bookshelf for decades and I still haven't figured it out.

I've always wanted to be an Autumn, but I figured I was either a Summer or a Spring.  It's tricky enough to determine if I'm "warm" or "cool!"

The Pretty Your World system is intriguing because it looks like I could be some version of Autumn after all.

How come I can look at another person and figure out their skin tone and season but can't do the same for myself?

I want to clear out my closets and donate most of what I own.  If I knew what I have long suspected -- that 99% of my wardrobe is the wrong "season" -- it would be so much easier to fill those Hefty bags.

It's almost worth it to consult a professional! Woman LOL

@just bee

The owner of "Color Your World" web site, Lora Alexander, is a professional Color Analysis Consultant and if you go to her web site and submit what she requires + her fee she will give you her most educated commentary on why you are a particular subset of a season category.  Good luck and let us know what she said and if you agree with her!  

Honored Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Allthingsgirly67

I feel your pain.  I've had Carole Jackson's Color Me Beautiful on the bookshelf for decades and I still haven't figured it out.

I've always wanted to be an Autumn, but I figured I was either a Summer or a Spring.  It's tricky enough to determine if I'm "warm" or "cool!"

The Pretty Your World system is intriguing because it looks like I could be some version of Autumn after all.

How come I can look at another person and figure out their skin tone and season but can't do the same for myself?

I want to clear out my closets and donate most of what I own.  If I knew what I have long suspected -- that 99% of my wardrobe is the wrong "season" -- it would be so much easier to fill those Hefty bags.

@just bee

The owner of "Color Your World" web site, Lora Alexander, is a professional Color Analysis Consultant and if you go to her web site and submit what she requires + her fee she will give you her most educated commentary on why you are a particular subset of a season category.  Good luck and let us know what she said and if you agree with her!  

@Good4u

I might have to check that out!  Thanks! Woman Very Happy

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Good4u wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Allthingsgirly67

@just bee

@Good4u

@just bee

Ooops!  I meant to say "Pretty Your World" I had the pop group Chicago on my mind.  LOL!

Respected Contributor

I too was confused about the seasons approach. Going to try looking at this again. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Good4u wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Allthingsgirly67

@just bee

@Good4u

@just bee

Ooops!  I meant to say "Pretty Your World" I had the pop group Chicago on my mind.  LOL!

@Good4u

Yup!  I figured that out when I got online.  But no harm done: I found some helpful articles related to the subject.  The reason I'm suddenly leaning Autumn instead of Spring is the "clear" eye factor.  Spring's eyes are clear and I feel mine are "muddy."  Maybe I used to be a Spring: I had clear blue eyes but they turned green and "soft" when I was 19.

Then again, maybe they're not muddy -- maybe it's my eyesight!

Valued Contributor

@just bee

I think "muddy" is a poor choice of wording for eyes.  I too am an Autumn and my eyes are a muted not dark, light or bright even.  But muted is a better choice for Autumns like us.  Good luck on finding your sub-category!  Though I have never had a professional color consultant for fee consultation.  I think it would be worth the money.  Lora seems to be really, really good at it.

Honored Contributor

@Good4u

I've been skipping around on different websites and I've taken a few "quizzes."  The most recent (Your Color Style dot com) suggests I'm soft, warm and medium.  Color palette is appropriate for either soft spring or soft autumn.

Who knows? Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Good4u

I've been skipping around on different websites and I've taken a few "quizzes."  The most recent (Your Color Style dot com) suggests I'm soft, warm and medium.  Color palette is appropriate for either soft spring or soft autumn.

Who knows? Woman LOL

@just bee

You don't sound convinced.  I too am soft, warm and  should wear medium toned colors.  Not brights or pastels but medium, warm colors.  You and I sound very similar in coloring.  When I changed my color wardrobe slowly over time to those medium warm colors I found out I could wear those colors well.  It does take some doing though and at times, all I see are winter colors or in the spring, icy pastels.  Such is our lot for warm season girls. 

Honored Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Good4u

Who knows? Woman LOL

@just bee

You don't sound convinced.  I too am soft, warm and  should wear medium toned colors.  Not brights or pastels but medium, warm colors.  You and I sound very similar in coloring.  When I changed my color wardrobe slowly over time to those medium warm colors I found out I could wear those colors well.  It does take some doing though and at times, all I see are winter colors or in the spring, icy pastels.  Such is our lot for warm season girls. 

@Good4u

I don't wear much eyeshadow but someone had posted a photo of their new Smashbox palette.  I fell a pull towards those colors so I looked at other Smashbox palettes online (Ulta's website).  I liked that they described each color as either warm or cool. 

Lately I've been looking at all colors as warm or cool.  I keep gravitating to the warmer "autumn" palette.  I just think it's funny that when my sister and mother were choosing most of my wardrobe when I was younger, they chose colors for an Autumn.  I assumed it wasn't because they knew something I didn't.  It was the '70s and earth tones were what you wore.

Now I'm thinking they were on to something.  But my eyes were blue back then.  It's so confusing. Woman LOL