Honored Contributor

Re: SUGGESTIONS OF YOUTUBERS TO FOLLOW AND WHY

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Trinity11 

We are often in agreement, but just not this time.

I know she is a Physician, so add that to my example to all the attributes I implied, perhaps you will see it as still body judging.  

I do.  

If not we will can agree to disagree.

@Drythe , let me better explain. Dr. Dray sets herself up in her videos as an experienced physician. She sells things on her channel that she receives free and her following soak up her every word. She encourages purchasing food and drinks designed to lose weight. It is not how she looks that I find offensive, rather her tutorials on how to mimic her behaviors. Her obsession with exercise and outright unhealthy diet using herself as an influencer is where I part ways with her. So it isn't her "body" I am shaming rather her behavior.

@Trinity11 

Thank you @Trinity11  I do know about her, both read and watched.  My point is about Body Judging which is very insidious, and often streams in unacknowledged. 

As this has become a bifurcated discussion, I’ll look forward to seeing you in another post, best wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@Trinity11 

We are often in agreement, but just not this time.

I know she is a Physician, so add that to my example to all the attributes I implyed, perhaps you will see it as still body judging.  

I do.  

If not we will can agree to disagree.

@Drythe   Of course everyone has their own opinion. 6+  (?) pages of posts at last count. Guess I did miss yours.

Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention Melanie....Mr.Kong'sMom for her suggestions on gray products and maintainence. She also has good recommendations sometimes as new makeup comes out. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I've never seen anything related to weight loss on the bottle but I suppose it you abused it (taking way more than you should) it would clean you out and weight loss would occur.  Did Dr Dray suggest this or say she does it? Smiley Surprised

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the post @Shanus .

Dr Anthony Youn is an incredible surgeon, as well as his products (I'm saying this as a patient of his; as well know others that have had surgical procedures performed by him).

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@kekes wrote:

I'm surprised only one person (I think) mentioned Angie from Hot & Flashy.  She is, by far, my favorite!  My reasons being; very professional, pleasant personality, very thorough in her presentations.  I don't get tired or bored listening to her as I do  with others.  I think she is one classy lady!  BTW she speaks mostly about makeup, skincare, wardrobe and lifestyle.

@kekes   I have watched Angie. To be fair, although she admits her many peels, procedures, etc. she's not an equal representaion of women that age to try to follow and get those results....skincare. She is, however pleasant to watch and has very professionally made videos.

I love watching Angie, too, mostly for the makeup and skincare videos.  When she talks about procedures that I know I can't afford, I just fast forward.  I also can't relate to her fashion videos as she is tall and very slender and I am very short so the clothes she likes won't fit or look good on me.  I look forward to her videos every Tuesday and Friday, especially her foundation reviews.  

Valued Contributor

I regularly watch:

EmilyNoel83.  She is much younger than me and her eye looks can be more dramatic than I want but she is down to earth and likes drugstore makeup as well as high end.

Dominique Sachse especially her hair tutorials

Angie from Hotandflashy, love her foundation reviews

Allie Glines who is much younger than me but I like that she is not afraid to show her blemishes and  how she conceals them.

Stephanie Marie who has oily/combo skin like me so I appreciate her tips.

Zabrena who uses a lot of drugstore products

Dr. Youn for his skincare tips.  I don't buy his products because I can get similar products for much less but I like his approach to skincare.

Honored Contributor

I'm finding that there are not as many for the 70 + crowd. I have been kind of shocked at how much difference 5 yrs. can make! So even the 65 ish don't always do it for me.  Although I still watch them at times.  We all age differently.

For those who are 70+ there are several I go to for different reasons.

"Sharon Danley" is one who is over 70. Also....  "60 and Me" ( Margaret Manning). She started that one about  8 yrs. ago (I think) so she is close to 70. I watch her later ones. Don't care for her early video's as much. "Life Over 60 With Sandra" (who is in her 80's now!!), "rxstrmom" (well over 70). Just a few suggestion for we gals that are getting, shall I say, "a tad more mature"....I'm not "old" quite yet!! 

Honored Contributor

So there's no other Mel Thompson fans here?

Contributor

I have followed & enjoyed several you tubers that have already been mentioned here. (Angie from Hot & Flashy, Dr Dray & Sharon Danley) All of which I'm sure I heard of from these boards. I have also just noticed a few new ones mentioned that I look forward to checking out.

Not necessarily "beauty related" but anyone with any toe nail issues, diabetes related foot issues or if you are a caregiver to an ill or elderly loved one with any of those issues. There are a few you tubers I have found interesting and informative. The DC Foot Doctor and The Toe Bro. Both of these doctors are skilled in their profession. Not only that, they excel in compassion and sincere concern for their patients. Especially now with so many elders unable to get out and get the treatment that they need. They help bring an awareness to an issue that is very easily overlooked. But I must give a WARNING!!! Some of the videos are VERY GRAPHIC! The removal of toe nails for instance. But aside from that, the care and compassion they show their patients far outweighs the occasional unpleasant graphic video. I realize this may not appeal to many. But, personally, I find there videos almost calming. I appreciate these men who excel at what they do while seeing each of their patients get the care that they need.