Honored Contributor

SOME TIME FOR @Shanus QUESTIONS

Busy holiday season and beauty products coming out each day. 

Any general or personal makeup questions?

Frequent Contributor

Re: SOME TIME FOR @Shanus QUESTIONS

Good morning Shanus!

I don't post often, but I do so appreciate your posts and advice. I do have a question: I have awful eye hollows and was wondering if you have any suggestions on concealing/color correcting them.

Thanks in advance, and I thanks for sharing your expertise!

Kim

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kimbobimbo wrote:

Good morning Shanus!

I don't post often, but I do so appreciate your posts and advice. I do have a question: I have awful eye hollows and was wondering if you have any suggestions on concealing/color correcting them.

Thanks in advance, and I thanks for sharing your expertise!

Kim

@kimbobimbo   Happy you enjoy my posts/suggestions. Eye hollows: I assume you mean darkness underneath? If yes, corrector is the only way to go. It's a peach toned product similar to concealer that cancels out darkness. Drugstore: Pixie makes one and higher end Bobbi Brown Corrector (my favorite) because it comes in many shades. Next is concealer on top. The corrector is a creamy product and therefore less concealer is needed.

If you also have darkness on lids, you can use a eye shadow primer that's in a pale shade or your concealer, but if you wear shadow, you'd need to set it with the palest shadow in your palette or a setting powder.  

Hope this helps. enjoy the Holidays.

Trusted Contributor

I use eyelash growth serum at night. I currently use Nourish lash, or Grande lash formula. They worked at first, but now I haven't seen much difference. When they worked my lashes were great, but then they turned weird and i lost some on my bottom lash-line. Any suggestions for a good lash serum ? Thanks !

Super Contributor

@Shanus  Don't have any questions but wanted to let you know I tried one of your suggestions & love it.  Thanks for sharing your expertise here!  I tried tight lining the upper lid margin with Navy instead of black & it looks great w my brown eyes.  ❤️  I received the Sephora brand EyeLiner to Go & their navy is not so dark you think it's black.  It's a great color and was just $6 + 30% off, yay! 

Thanks again & hope you have a wonderful holiday!  🦃

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

I use eyelash growth serum at night. I currently use Nourish lash, or Grande lash formula. They worked at first, but now I haven't seen much difference. When they worked my lashes were great, but then they turned weird and i lost some on my bottom lash-line. Any suggestions for a good lash serum ? Thanks !

@dogsx3   I don't use a lash serum. They're quite expensive, if they work and once you skip it, lashes fall out. I find a good primer and volumizing/lengthening mascara fills the bill. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RooRoo   Thanks and happy you love the navy liner. I think it also makes eyes look whiter. I will sometimes use black if getting dressed up, too. Navy is always first choice.

Enjoy the holidays....

Honored Contributor

Shanus, what do you think of brown for liner color?  I find it much less harsh than black.  Frankly, I don't think I own a navy.  Hard to believe with my makeup stash.  I'll do some searching for navy after I get house ready for tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  I don't use foundation,  just Malley primer and some ulta concealer where needed.   I believe Malley stopped making her primer.   Any suggestions on a substitution?  TIA

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

@dogsx3 , I wanted to butt in here because I have been using one that is really working well and it didn't take long for me to see results.

It is by VieBeauti and I bought it on Amazon.  It was around $22.00 or so.  It can also be used on the brows.  I am going to start using it there because my brows could use some serious help.  LOL

Anyhow, I bought it on a whim because it was a good price and had almost 13,000 reviews on Amazon.  I am leery of Amazon reviews but I took the plunge.  Within about 2 weeks, I started to see a difference in the length.  In fact, I had to trim my outer lashes because they were too long.  In about 4 weeks I started to notice a slight difference in the fullness and that continues to get better.

You apply it both morning and night and it dries super quickly so it's not an issue for me to go in with make-up in the morning a couple minutes after I apply this.

After I started using this, I was watching a YouTuber (Mandy Lea) who in passing mentioned that she'd been using a lash growth serum and had great luck with it.  It happened to be this same one.  I think she said her sister turned her on to it.

I have used serums in the past and they turned my lids dark and I quit using them.   This hasn't done that.