Honored Contributor

Re: SOME TIME FOR @Shanus QUESTIONS

@depglass wrote:

Shanus, what do you think of brown for liner color?  I find it much less harsh than black.  Frankly, I don't think I own a navy.  Hard to believe with my makeup stash.  I'll do some searching for navy after I get house ready for tomorrow.

@depglass   I do like a very dark brown. My issue is finding a true dark brown w/o any red in it. Some companies make a black/brown which is great...creates a defined eye and not as dark as black by itself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Travone wrote:

@Shanus  I don't use foundation,  just Malley primer and some ulta concealer where needed.   I believe Malley stopped making her primer.   Any suggestions on a substitution?  TIA

@Travone   When I do use primer, I like the one by Laura Mercier. It has spf in it even though I have my own spf underneath. I find it's not too slippery and concealer or foundation or tinted moisturizer (me) stays on beautifully. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I need a new eyebrow pencil that is not black, but is more gray than brown--a gray taupe.  I don't want one that is a powder, but more of a creamy or waxy texture.

And I know I will only use a pencil--I am lazy.  Swipe swipe and done.  I have full eyebrows, they are good shape and don't need much tweezing but they get a little light at the outer edger.

I use pencils only and the side of the pencil not the point so it just tracks along the hairs and colors them.  

MANY thanks and MANY Happy Holidays to 'ya Beautiful!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   Thanks for the recommendation.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Shanus   I need a new eyebrow pencil that is not black, but is more gray than brown--a gray taupe.  I don't want one that is a powder, but more of a creamy or waxy texture.

And I know I will only use a pencil--I am lazy.  Swipe swipe and done.  I have full eyebrows, they are good shape and don't need much tweezing but they get a little light at the outer edger.

I use pencils only and the side of the pencil not the point so it just tracks along the hairs and colors them.  

@Sooner   I haven't found a grey/taupe, but will say that many taupe pencils read reddish on me. I use Benefit pencils in 3.5 which is a neutral med. brown (but I think lighter than it says). For reference I have grey hair and dark brows that also just need a slight fill in. 

Respected Contributor

Hello!

I love reading your posts! I have a question...any good tutorials on learning how to do a winged out eyeliner?

thanks! Happy thanksgiving!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Yes!  So many are reddish!  Chantecaille used to make the perfect one but now they don't have that color.  And Lancome made a wonderful one--then went to the chalky powder ones.

I sort of think those powdery ones tend more reddish too.

Thanks for the tips and will let you know if I find one!!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

Hello!

I love reading your posts! I have a question...any good tutorials on learning how to do a winged out eyeliner?

thanks! Happy thanksgiving!

@Franklinbell   I'd check Wayne Goss videos. He tends to have a great list of videos for anything you'd like to learn. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner ELF makes their Ultimate Precise Brow Pencil in Cool Brown.  I wonder if that would work?  I know their taupe color pulls way too red/warm for me.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus and others reading this. Do you use a facial steamer at home? I am thinking about ordering the Pure professional nano steamer. I do not go for professional facials and thought this maybe something fun and helpful I can do at home. What are your thoughts? Thank you!