Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@retiredgal69 wrote:

OMG this is so important. Thank you for this awesome tip and warning. This reminds me of a few years back when I ordered a well touted QVC beauty brand and order her face cream and when I put it on, I broke out all over my face like in big red welts! Holy cow. I called customer service and they quickly refunded my money and had many apologies for my inconvenience. From that moment on, I NEVER buy anything in beauty from QVC. 

@retiredgal69  - just because you had a reaction to an ingredient to whatever beauty product you purchased doesn't mean all QVC beauty is bad.  I had a reaction to a Tacha product I tried from QVC.   There's some ingredient that didn't agree with my skin.  I'm not refusing to ever buy beauty products from QVC because my skin had a reaction.  I think your reasoning is a bit extreme.

@San Antonio Gal - Exactly.  Anyone could have a reaction to any product regardless of the retailer.  That's why it's always suggested to do a patch test, when trying a new product.

However, very few people do that.  Neither the retailer, nor the manufacturer, is to blame.

Honored Contributor

I've been buying Wen from the Q for the past 10 years and have never had a problem with the quality.   I have eye shadows that are years old.  The only makeup I throw away is mascara every 3 months.  If my foundation were to ever smell bad, I'd toss it.  I'm not concerned with trying to figure out different manufactured dates on any of these products.

Regular Contributor
Good luck getting answers to your questions
The CSRs are very good but everytime I call with an issue they have no idea why. They have a script they are told to follow so it's not their fault.

Its not only make up, I received a PINK original formula body butter Creamy Mint from Josie Maran and no one knows why its PINK. All of her orginal formula body butter are white and the fact that it is mint you would think it would be green! No one has an answer so I am sending it back
Respected Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Unopened eyeshadow goes bad?  Even opened, I literally use eyeshadows for years.

Me too! I am reading this thread and thinking boy, I am in trouble.

———————

You can spray your powder products with 70% isopropyl alcohol, doesn’t change the product at all.  You can also wipe off a lipstick tip with Kleenex and spray them as well. Which reminds me, I’m overdue with this process😀.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshopshere's some info to consider about expiry dates.  You can look up the codes to see if your products are good.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@SweetSpice 

Some more info about expiry dates.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset   thanks for reminding me

what I was really looking to see was whether those dates were actually done by independent  chemists or those who work for the companies -   I don't believe I actually knew that until I read it yesterday.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
How do you know Ulta doesn’t have product from the same lot in their inventory.

If the product looks and smells ok, I’m not going to turn myself inside out fretting over it. You do you though.

I feel the same way @RollTide2008 .  If it looks okay and smells okay, it's fine.